Britannia Aft Suites

Big Foot

Hello,

I'd be grateful if anyone that has been on the maiden voyage could give any feedback on the aft suites.

In particular I'd be interested to hear how the balcony sizes compare between A, B, C, D & E decks etc.

Looking at the deck plans it seems A & B decks have the largest balconies, albeit I understand A deck is overlooked from the deck above.

I've seen video footage of the B deck suite / balcony & wondered how the C, D & E deck balconies compare in size.

Any info / photos greatly received.

Thank you.

Hello,

I'd be grateful if anyone that has been on the maiden voyage could give any feedback on the aft suites.

In particular I'd be interested to hear how the balcony sizes compare between A, B, C, D & E decks etc.

Looking at the deck plans it seems A & B decks have the largest balconies, albeit I understand A deck is overlooked from the deck above.

I've seen video footage of the B deck suite / balcony & wondered how the C, D & E deck balconies compare in size.

Any info / photos greatly received.

Thank you.

Big Foot,

Please note that the Four Suites on B Deck yes although they are wider balconies they are also overlooked from suite and cabins above, unfortunately when we booked this suite on the first day that it was released for sale March 2014 that there was no mention of suite being overlooked either in the brochure or from our personal cruise advisor. Only last week we were notified by a telephone call at 8pm in the evening from P&O to inform us that our suite was in fact overlooked from above. Needless to say we were not happy at all especially as we are on our cruise TA B2B for 29 days and also because they had only one suite left available for us to change to, which was definitely not our first choice. So please check with P&O before you decide to book a suite B Aft on Britannia.

Edited by HELEN HENRY

Big Foot,

Please note that the Four Suites on B Deck yes although they are wider balconies they are also overlooked from suite and cabins above, unfortunately when we booked this suite on the first day that it was released for sale March 2014 that there was no mention of suite being overlooked either in the brochure or from our personal cruise advisor. Only last week we were notified by a telephone call at 8pm in the evening from P&O to inform us that our suite was in fact overlooked from above. Needless to say we were not happy at all especially as we are on our cruise TA B2B for 29 days and also because they had only one suite left available for us to change to, which was definitely not our first choice. So please check with P&O before you decide to book a suite B Aft on Britannia.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the info.

We are booked into C736 for a week in May but are looking to book an aft suite for a trip to the med & therefore I was interested in the (potentially) larger balcony.

However, as they are overlooked, I've just looked at the video again & yes they are, then I think I'll be changing my mind.

As you say there is no mention of this on the P&O deck plans which is a bit naughty!!

I hope you enjoy your time on board.

Joan

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the info.

We are booked into C736 for a week in May but are looking to book an aft suite for a trip to the med & therefore I was interested in the (potentially) larger balcony.

However, as they are overlooked, I've just looked at the video again & yes they are, then I think I'll be changing my mind.

As you say there is no mention of this on the P&O deck plans which is a bit naughty!!

I hope you enjoy your time on board.

Joan

Joan may I ask please what video did you see this on was it Utube.

Thanks Pat

We're booked into 2 aft suites on the Fjords cruise (A726/7) on May 16 - I think those on A may be overlooked completely whereas those below may are perhaps partially overlooked? Personally I don't care if we are overlooked or not as I don't plan on being outside naked - if people have nothing better to do than watch or listen to a fat middle aged bloke then I feel sorry for them!

We're booked into 2 aft suites on the Fjords cruise (A726/7) on May 16 - I think those on A may be overlooked completely whereas those below may are perhaps partially overlooked? Personally I don't care if we are overlooked or not as I don't plan on being outside naked - if people have nothing better to do than watch or listen to a fat middle aged bloke then I feel sorry for them!

We have booked B724 on the Iberian cruise in September, like you we don't care if we are overlooked and we definitely don't plan to be naked, it looks like a lovely big room on lovely big ship and I am a bit excited! This will be our first cruise so I have nothing to compare anything to.

And this is my first post, your last sentence made me smile. :)

Yes I know what you mean :D

It'll be interesting to know what you think of the suites on A deck in due course.

Joan

Will report back in approx 53 days... Not that I am counting! We were in an aft suite on Grand Princess a few years back which was excellent but the ship a bit tired and as we were low down it was quite noisy when docking. Hoping Britannia is quieter as it's newer and we are much higher up. It's the mother in law's first cruise so got her a suite too in exchange for baby sitting duties - think she's more excited than us if that's possible.

Hi Pat,

Yes it was on YouTube, not sure if I've been able to copy the link correctly or not :confused:

Joan

Hi Joan, yes I have already seen this video and it is just as I thought thank you. Have you received the New updated P&O Britannia Deck Plans

Update To Britannia's Plans enclosed in New P&O Brochure.

This is the life January 2016 - March 2017 DECK PLANS stating the following:

Additional enclosed leaflet

As with any new ship, there was a number of unforeseen issues that we had to iron out to ensure the best possible holiday experience for her passengers. During our cabin check prior to her maiden voyage, it emerged that a number of cabins did not exactly match the expected specification, and while therefore differ slightly from Britannia Deck plans in the brochure. If you are considering booking any of the cabins listed, check their specification prior to booking to ensure it matches your requirements.

I have just listed the B Deck Suites

Cabin.........................In Brochure.........Update

.........B726...................Clear View...........Overlooked from above

.........B724...................Clear View............Overlooked from above

.........B723...................Clear View............Overlooked from above

.........B725...................Clear View............Overlooked from above

There are also a further 26 cabins between A Deck and G Deck that don't meet the specifications in the brochure, too many cabins to list. However, it is only A Deck which we new already that was overlooked and now aware that B Deck suites that are overlooked also. From C DECK downwards none of the suites are overlooked. Hope this is of some help.

We are due to visit the Britannia on a day visit on 30th May so all will become a lot clearer then.

Pat

I don't plan on being outside naked - if people have nothing better to do than watch or listen to a fat middle aged bloke then I feel sorry for them!

were low down it was quite noisy when docking. .

Ha ha to all the above, they made me giggle.

well done.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn loves a goggle. Go Lynn

Hi Joan, yes I have already seen this video and it is just as I thought thank you. Have you received the New updated P&O Britannia Deck Plans

Update To Britannia's Plans enclosed in New P&O Brochure.

This is the life January 2016 - March 2017 DECK PLANS stating the following:

Additional enclosed leaflet

As with any new ship, there was a number of unforeseen issues that we had to iron out to ensure the best possible holiday experience for her passengers. During our cabin check prior to her maiden voyage, it emerged that a number of cabins did not exactly match the expected specification, and while therefore differ slightly from Britannia Deck plans in the brochure. If you are considering booking any of the cabins listed, check their specification prior to booking to ensure it matches your requirements.

I have just listed the B Deck Suites

Cabin.........................In Brochure.........Update

.........B726...................Clear View...........Overlooked from above

.........B724...................Clear View............Overlooked from above

.........B723...................Clear View............Overlooked from above

.........B725...................Clear View............Overlooked from above

There are also a further 26 cabins between A Deck and G Deck that don't meet the specifications in the brochure, too many cabins to list. However, it is only A Deck which we new already that was overlooked and now aware that B Deck suites that are overlooked also. From C DECK downwards none of the suites are overlooked. Hope this is of some help.

We are due to visit the Britannia on a day visit on 30th May so all will become a lot clearer then.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for this, it's very helpful & also reminds me that we still haven't received our brochure :(

Thank goodness for the internet :)

We're lucky enough to have a ship visit on May 2nd so I'll try and get a look at the aft suites then, either from on board or by the quayside.

Joan

We're lucky enough to have a ship visit on May 2nd so I'll try and get a look at the aft suites then, either from on board or by the quayside.

Joan

Really?

That's a cruise embarkation day. I am surprised they are allowing visitors along side 3600 passenger trying to get on.

Really?

That's a cruise embarkation day. I am surprised they are allowing visitors along side 3600 passenger trying to get on.

Yes, that's when most ship visits are done.

It's all very organised & you are taken around in groups with a member of P&O staff & then have lunch in one of the restaurants.

I believe all the Britannia visits are full for this year now.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for this, it's very helpful & also reminds me that we still haven't received our brochure :(

Thank goodness for the internet :)

Joan

We join the ship on the 2nd May and are on C deck. :D