Friends and Family question

drosphot

When is family and friends going on?

F&F is a certificate that is good for up to 60 days after a booking onboard. You need to know someone to get this certificate and to get the extra OBC for this, you need to book the same ship and date.

IF you book a cruise under Friends and Family can you transfer that booking to a group booking later on that is handled by a TA and still keep your OBC from the F&F? Thanks!

I was told the answer is no. My understanding is that if you switch to a group booking, you invalidate the terms of the F&F certificate, and forfeit any associated benefits (ie your OBC).

This is because usually groups already have things like OBC negotiated into their rates and it prevents you from "double dipping".

However, there are always exceptions and I don't doubt that some agents have been able to pull off both.

I was told the answer is no. My understanding is that if you switch to a group booking, you invalidate the terms of the F&F certificate, and forfeit any associated benefits (ie your OBC).

This is because usually groups already have things like OBC negotiated into their rates and it prevents you from "double dipping".

However, there are always exceptions and I don't doubt that some agents have been able to pull off both.

I was thinking the same thing. It didn't seem like it would be fair.

For our next year's B2B I was able to send both of my F&F for one of the cruises to someone that joined the roll call that I started. They had 2 cabins and are young couples so I was glad to be able to get them $100 OBC for each cabin.

For the 2nd cruise, the F&F have just expired or I would have been able to share.