Price Protection

I am booking my first RCI Cruise. I have sailed Princess and Carnival in the past and used the Early Booking Price Saver Rate. If the price of the cruise later dropped, I could contact the company and they would adjust my account for the savings, ensuring I received the lowest possible price. If the price dropped before final payment, they reduced the balance - if after final payment, I got cabin credit.

Does RCI offer the same benefit? Thanks.

I am booking my first RCI Cruise. I have sailed Princess and Carnival in the past and used the Early Booking Price Saver Rate. If the price of the cruise later dropped, I could contact the company and they would adjust my account for the savings, ensuring I received the lowest possible price. If the price dropped before final payment, they reduced the balance - if after final payment, I got cabin credit.

Does RCI offer the same benefit? Thanks.

If you booked within North American and see a price drop just call RCL (or your TA) and ask for the adjustment providing it is before final payment date. No adjustments after final payment date.

If you booked within North American and see a price drop just call RCL (or your TA) and ask for the adjustment providing it is before final payment date. No adjustments after final payment date.

There is no money refunded after final payment. However, you may upgrade to a higher category cabin if those prices have also come down. For example, if you paid $1000 for you balcony cabin and the price goes down (after final payment) to $750, you won't get a refund. But if a Junior Suite that was originally $1200, has come down to $1000, you can upgrade to that category for the same price as you originally paid for the balcony. No money refunded but possibly a better cabin.

There is no money refunded after final payment. However, you may upgrade to a higher category cabin if those prices have also come down. For example, if you paid $1000 for you balcony cabin and the price goes down (after final payment) to $750, you won't get a refund. But if a Junior Suite that was originally $1200, has come down to $1000, you can upgrade to that category for the same price as you originally paid for the balcony. No money refunded but possibly a better cabin.

We've done this in the past and have been very happy with the upsell.

I am also new to Royal Caribbean and booked May 2016 on the Adventure of the Seas. Is there an easier way to check the price other than a mock booking on RC website? I find their site not easy to navigate in picking of rooms.

Is there an easier way to check the price other than a mock booking on RC website?

One little trick I use is to add the cruise to "my saved cruises" on the RC website. Then it is easier to find later.

Also, set a price drop watch here on Cruise Critic: Just go to "Deals" at the top of the page and choose "Price Drop". It isn't as fast as checking yourself, but it does work IMO.

• 2 weeks later...