Freedom of Seas 1st time cruiser

My husband and I are going on Freedom of the Seas on August 9th and staying in a Grand Suite so I have several questions for anyone who has recently cruised and stayed in a Grand Suite.

1) Tell me about the priority Embarkation and Debarkation. My husband is recovering from cancer which is the main reason we booked in a suite for the extra perks to keep him from being "in large crowds" in tight spaces.

I know then why you are taking a cruise on such a large ship! We love cruising and is a way for both of us to relax which is why we picked the ports we did! We have been to all of them numerous times except Coco Cay and figured we would probably use the ship while others are at the beach since he has to avoid lengthy exposure to the sun! We love to just people watch!

Also, he is a "larged frame" man so when we request a 2 top for My Time Dining, is there a particular area of the dining room which will be more comfortable for us?

I'm sure there will be more questions but that's it for now. Thanks for your help!

Jill

Suites have their own lines at check in. Once you get your sea pass card, you just filter in with the other guests as you board. I believe if you get to the port very early, you can have priority boarding which would lighten the crowds a bit. We usually arrive around noon and haven't had an issue with excessive crowds at all.

I can't speak for the dining room on this ship but as a Suite guest, you can order from the dining room menu and have it delivered to your room. This may be a good option if you don't find a comfortable space in the MDR. My husband is also "large framed" and we haven't had issues with him being comfortable anywhere on any of the ships we've been on.

We have stayed in a GS on Freedom. As far as priority boarding : yes there is a line for Suites Guests only and the check in process is quite swift.

One of the nicer perks of being in the suite is that a Dining Room menu will be available in your stateroom daily. This will allow you to order your meals in in the event you chose to dine in your stateroom or balcony.

The Concierge will also secure a private elevator for his suite guests for disembarking on port days.

On the final day suite guests are assigned a designated lounge to gather prior to disembarking the ship.

You will also receive an invitation by your Concierge for special behind the scenes tour on sea days. The first of ours was an extensive galley tour. We met in the DR for Mimosas , coffee , and assorted baked goods prior to the tour.

Your gold sea pass card will allow access to the Concierge Lounge, and special reserved seating areas in Giovanni's for lunch, shows and the pool area.

Hope this helps. Wishing your husband well.

While I cannot answer some of your specific questions about the suite, I just wanted to say that I hope you enjoy your cruise and that your husband makes a remarkable recovery. It is very important to relax and enjoy yourself in the midst of the stress of recovering from cancer treatment.

Make the most of life. Our lives can change in an instant. Enjoy your cruise.

There should also be breakfast served daily for suite guests in one of the specialty restaurants. On Liberty last month, it was in Chops. Last year when we sailed on FOS, suite breakfast was in Portofino, which is now Giovianni's Table, so that may be where it's held. It's absolutely lovely, and if there's nothing in your stateroom regarding this, please be sure to inquire with the concierge. Much less crowded and excellent service. One of our favorite perks.

Enjoy your cruise, and all the best to you and your husband.