Lisbon Hotel Recommendation

We will be in Lisbon one day prior to our cruise late spring of 2016 and am looking for a hotel recommendation. We are looking for a luxury type hotel or boutique hotel. Have read Trip Advisor, but am always somewhat skeptical to rely on them exclusively. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

We absolutely loved Solar Do Castelo. It is a smaller, quiet boutique inn tucked behind the Castle. The area is lovely. We have stayed there twice now and I would definitely stay again. Location is superb.

The Solar Do Castelo serves a lovely breakfast in the morning, the courtyard is beautiful and quiet, a lovely place to sit with a glass of wine or port or whatever.

I would highly recommend.

We absolutely loved Solar Do Castelo. It is a smaller, quiet boutique inn tucked behind the Castle. The area is lovely. We have stayed there twice now and I would definitely stay again. Location is superb.

The Solar Do Castelo serves a lovely breakfast in the morning, the courtyard is beautiful and quiet, a lovely place to sit with a glass of wine or port or whatever.

I would highly recommend.

Thank you for the recommendation. I looked them up online and it appears to be a lovely hotel.

Lisbon is a wonderful city full of unique hotels and I tend to stay in a different location on almost every visit.

The Altis Belem Hotel & Spa offers a unique Lisbon experience as it is on the waterfront and is right at Belem. The Maritime Museum there is one of my favorite Lisbon sites.

The Mercy Hotel is very well located in Bario Alto.

The Fontecruz Lisboa, Autograph Collection Hotel *Marriott is another hotel worth considering.

Lisbon is the city in Europe where taxis are still 'inexpensive' so location is not as important to me in every instance. Just make sure the drivers turn on the meter as they do try to pull tricks on occasion, but even the round the zone scam on tourists only raises the fare by a euro or two, while still frustrating in the waste of time.

Lisbon is a wonderful city full of unique hotels and I tend to stay in a different location on almost every visit.

The Altis Belem Hotel & Spa offers a unique Lisbon experience as it is on the waterfront and is right at Belem. The Maritime Museum there is one of my favorite Lisbon sites.

The Mercy Hotel is very well located in Bario Alto.

The Fontecruz Lisboa, Autograph Collection Hotel *Marriott is another hotel worth considering.

Lisbon is the city in Europe where taxis are still 'inexpensive' so location is not as important to me in every instance. Just make sure the drivers turn on the meter as they do try to pull tricks on occasion, but even the round the zone scam on tourists only raises the fare by a euro or two, while still frustrating in the waste of time.

Thanks very much. The Maritime Museum sounds like something we would love. I am just sorry we won't have more time to spend in the city.

Altis Belém for cruisers is the best Hotel.

why?

the rail is very close.

at the end you have "cais do sodré" station.

at "cais do sodré" you can get subway/metro/underground in greenline , change in "baixa-chiado" to blue line and get the other metro to "santa apolonia" station where the ship can be dockable.

if your ship are in alcantara, just get train to alcantara-mar.