Celebrity Equinox Barcelona port question

ameliacare

Our flight arrives around 8 am. How early can we arrive at the port and check in? Can we leave our luggage there and explore Barcelona? We have only done Disney cruises where the seems to be more structure like a listed port arrival time. Celebrity has not told us much.

I presume our cabin will not be ready until early afternoon. However, do people drop off their luggage usually and have it arrive in their cabin? Again, if so, how early can we drop off our luggage and check in?

Thanks!

We dropped of our luggage and went exploring. However you will still be carrying money and credit cards etc so be very careful especially if you walk up Las Ramblas , but you need to alert all the time, because of pick pockets. Barcelona is a magnificent city but like most big tourist areas they have more than their share criminals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We dropped of our luggage and went exploring. However you will still be carrying money and credit cards etc so be very careful especially if you walk up Las Ramblas , but you need to alert all the time, because of pick pockets. Barcelona is a magnificent city but like most big tourist areas they have more than their share criminals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you remember how early you were allowed into the port to drop off your baggage?

I personally wouldn't drop off my luggage until 10 or later- would not want to risk it getting confused with the luggage and passengers disembarking.

If you take a taxi to the port you'll want to see if they will wait while you drop off your luggage as it is a long walk from the cruise terminal to the port entrance/ lower part of the Rambla.

Barcelona is a wonderful city, we have spend many days there & never had a problem. Basic traveler guidelines apply, no flashy jewelry, don't carry a lot of cash, no wallet in back pocket for guys, don't fall for giving directions to a group, don't buy a purse/watch/ etc from someone with their wares spread out on a blanket in the street. Enjoy the magic of a beautiful city!