what's everyone reading?

nhsails

Treven....I have not thought of the right choice for reacher....probably a little known character actor because he is so tall and heavily built...I love that each book sort of has a theme....like coffee or cold.....very clever writer who is actually british....good researcher ....I don't usually care for prolific crime series but this one is well written and intelligent...

Well, if you want to get out of a rut, these might fit the bill:

- While I'm not usually a fan of science fiction or fantasy, Paolo Bacigalupi's debut novel, The Windup Girl, was a surprisingly good read.

- For some mindless laughs, I have been turning to Carl Hiaasen for some time and his novel, Skinny Dip, actually features a cruise ship among the action. He spins quite a tale, usually with a Florida and environmental spin, but always hilarious and unpredictable.

Just finished "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed. Very good book.

I had a friend recommend it to me. I've backpacked parts of the Pacific Crest Trail back in my 20s and 30s, but never alone. I can't imagine doing it solo!

Am reading michener's ....caribbean.....after finally getting there numerous times since the last time I read it years ago.....could talk books into infinity!

I forgot I had that one, thanks for mentioning it. I'll pull it out a re-read it. We've been to the Caribbean several times since the last time I read it. :D