Duty Free liquor on Summit

EaglesWin

How is the selection in the onboard Duty Free? Any interesting whiskys or rums? How are the prices?

I assume you are flying into and out of San Juan airport. If so they have a duty free after security checkpoint. You can buy good rum there such as Don Q Gran Anjeo and they will put all you want to carry in a partitioned tote with a plastic seal/lock and you can take it back on the plane in carry-on. This is past secirity and after clearing Customs for USA folks. Therefore no limit or duty for US citizens

How is the selection in the onboard Duty Free? Any interesting whiskys or rums? How are the prices?

I assume you are flying into and out of San Juan airport. If so they have a duty free after security checkpoint. You can buy good rum there such as Don Q Gran Anjeo and they will put all you want to carry in a partitioned tote with a plastic seal/lock and you can take it back on the plane in carry-on. This is past security and after clearing Customs for USA folks. Therefore no limit or duty for US citizens

I assume you are flying into and out of San Juan airport. If so they have a duty free after security checkpoint. You can buy good rum there such as Don Q Gran Anjeo and they will put all you want to carry in a partitioned tote with a plastic seal/lock and you can take it back on the plane in carry-on. This is past secirity and after clearing Customs for USA folks. Therefore no limit or duty for US citizens

Thanks for the tip. Do you recommend not buying liquor on-board and wait until we hit SJU on the way out? I'd hate to pick something up on the ship and find it cheaper at the airport.

Thanks for the tip. Do you recommend not buying liquor on-board and wait until we hit SJU on the way out? I'd hate to pick something up on the ship and find it cheaper at the airport.

Always a risk, however if you're okay with haggling you should get a pretty drcent deal.

On my last cruise on reflection in February, I was able to get johnie walker blue for $100 when they were asking $155 a bottle.

Always a risk, however if you're okay with haggling you should get a pretty drcent deal.

On my last cruise on reflection in February, I was able to get johnie walker blue for $100 when they were asking $155 a bottle.

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

One rum I am looking for is the Ron del Barrillito 3 Star.

• 1 month later...

Haggle with who? Onboard the ship, at SJU, both?:confused:

We sailed on the May 3 Summit to Bermuda. Bermuda is expensive and we found NO duty free bargains in Hamilton. As a result, aboard ship was not great either. No competition. And also, no special one day sales on Summit. Prices were the same throughout the trip.

Rum included a small selection of Bacardi: Oakhart 2 for 22. Bombay Sapphire Gin 2 for 40. Nothing else a good bargain...just OK. A few bourbon selections, but nothing close to 10 or 12/bottle. Same for Scotch. No well priced cognac.

I had $75 in OBC and was hard pressed to use it wisely.