First lunch in Luminae on Reflection!

Perpetua

Thanks for trying but that's impossible to read.

Really hard!!! Took a screen shot on my Ipad and was able to read a few items.. Herb roasted lamb chops and butternut squash risotto as entrees. Hope they have the white chocolate macadamia nuts cake on the Equinox this summer!! Can't wait!!

Really hard!!! Took a screen shot on my Ipad and was able to read a few items.. Herb roasted lamb chops and butternut squash risotto as entrees. Hope they have the white chocolate macadamia nuts cake on the Equinox this summer!! Can't wait!!

Thank you for trying - I know how hard it is, people so often do not appreciate that!

Thank you for trying - I know how hard it is, people so often do not appreciate that!

Can't wait to try Luminae on the Equinox this summer. I appreciate all the information other members are willing to share. Especially those trying to help while they are cruising!!

Here is a link to the Summit's thread... they also have the butternut-squash risotto... :) looks like I have to turn up my pre-cruise workout and diet!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2191869

A few questions about your Luminae experience:

Which dishes were your favorites?

Were there any dishes you didn't care for? (Dishes you wouldn't order again?)

Did the formal night menus seem somewhat special? Did you dress for formal night in Luminae?

Thanks in advance for your perceptions!

Which dishes were your favorites?

We are foodies and we were very very impressed. I always ordered exactly what our server recommended and my husband ordered seafood or lamb or beef.

The hamachi appetizer at lunch was one of the best I've ever had but we really enjoyed all of the sushi style fish. All of the fresh seafood salads were excellent.

The soups were outstanding...amazing. The seafood was just exceptional. I really enjoyed the seafood fettuccine (perfect amount of spice) on the last night and the miso black cod and the fresh fish over a beef Ragu. We ordered a truffle flat bread the last night for the baby and it was so tasty. Ther beet salad was the best I've had but the shrimp Caesar (wedge style) was sub par. I also was never impressed with the burrrata (not creamy). People raved about the short rib pasta but we tried to stay light that day! I loved the lobster Benedict and I am not a Benedict person. The hamburger was outstanding! The vegetable curry and cauliflower fried rice (veg options) were excellent. So good! The butter poached lobster on formal night was excellent and I don't usually order lobster as it is never cooked properly!

Were there any dishes you didn't care for? (Dishes you wouldn't order again?)

I didn't care for any of the crab cakes. I just am not a crab cake person unless there is very little binder. Some of the amuse bouche offerings were just ok. I thought the desserts were good but I only tried two as I was always so so full after dinner. There was an amuse before dessert and that was fun! They also had a chocolate/candy cart on both formal nights that offered chocolates (my husband said the chocolate caramel was so good) and other small treats.

Did the formal night menus seem somewhat special? Did you dress for formal night in Luminae?

I have to say that every single night the menu felt special. I've only been on 6 cruises but this was the very very best cruise food I have had and we had zero desire to go to the speciality restaurants as we tried BLU and Tuscan grill and I just longed to go back to Luminae.

The formal night dinner was special as they offered the dessert treat cart and even higher end desserts and entrees!

We dressed semi formal for formal nights just because the ship was very formal. In Luminae...you saw anything from sun dresses to long gown like dresses. I saw a couple tuxes but mostly suit jackets.

Thanks in advance for your perceptions!

Thank you for posting! I usually try to treat myself to as many seafood dishes as possible, so your comments are very helpful. We will be in a sky suite so will have 2 specialty dinners included. I can easily see ourselves wanting to stay with Luminae, so it's funny that you mentioned the same. Chocolate cart? Yes, please! I know where we're dining on formal nights!