Onboard Cash Account

carnival03

Someone had mentioned cruise cash... I've never tried to purchase this before... So, I assuming it gives you an option for what account you apply it too? We will have two accounts under the same booking. My parents (Credit Card) and I (cash). Does anyone have experience with this? Considering my father is the primary will it go straight to him if I purchase it online through the fun shops or give me and option to add it to my cash account.

Also, I just called Carnival and pre-paid our gratuities. That's one less chunk of money that my on board account doesn't get hit for.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, as I have only cruised once before, and we didn't use our on board account for going cashless while on board. If we purchase the Cheers Package and would like to give a little extra tip, could we utilize our s&s card for this instead of carrying cash?

If I put any gift cards that I purchase prior to sailing, and then add them to our account, can I then redeem any remaining funds- if there is any? :D

Thanks for any help.

Going on the Pride in a few weeks. Setting up a cash account. Does anybody know for sure if you add cash at check in or at guest services/kiosk?

And, how long after the cash is added to your account, is it usable?

Going on the Pride in a few weeks. Setting up a cash account. Does anybody know for sure if you add cash at check in or at guest services/kiosk?

Yes go right to guest services or kiosk, whichever line is shorter, with your cash and they will apply it. If you have a lanyard, guest services will also punch your card to attach it.

Money is available immediately for that first DOD!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Edited by ccruisequeen

You can add it right at check-in at the terminal. Guest services will more than likely have a line at the start of the cruise. Your monies will be available immediately. You can always add more cash if needed at the kiosk or guest services during your cruise. The kiosk is very simple to use.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, as I have only cruised once before, and we didn't use our on board account for going cashless while on board. If we purchase the Cheers Package and would like to give a little extra tip, could we utilize our s&s card for this instead of carrying cash?

If I put any gift cards that I purchase prior to sailing, and then add them to our account, can I then redeem any remaining funds- if there is any? :D

Thanks for any help.

You still give your card to the bartender even with Cheers

You will get a receipt just like you purchased the drink

it will just have a zero balance. There will be a tip line that you can add a tip.