How early do you start packing?

PurpleMoonlight

I usually pack for a holiday the night before. Why would it need to be any different if you are cruising?

I find packing for a cruise more difficult as I'm trying to think of all the evening wear variations we need, round the pool stuff and going on an excursion stuff. Going in Spring like we are now seems even more of a puzzle as we are taking a bit of everything. :confused:

Anyway, off to pack now - usually takes me a whole day so no idea how you manage it in one evening. :eek:;)

I've got special prescription sun glasses that are polarising ones so I can walk about indoors with them on and still see, so I'd better remember those. Been wearing them today whilst out and about in the car.

My next planned cruise is not until January '16 (apart from a last minute bargain which may crop up meanwhile) but I am already keeping my eyes open for 'useful for the cruise' stuff!

Yes I've been doing this too for my cruise in July. So far have bought some interesting items including plastic covers for baggage labels, locks for my cases when I leave them at my pre cruise hotel pre check in, waterproof belts for phones and money for water based excursions, very discreet money belt for Venice and dry excursions, a four port universal USB charger for our iPads and iPhones (probably very useful and small) and clothing articles including shoes. Hopefully I will remember to pack them :)

I always make a "packing"list. So often in the past after packing I would think 'did I put this or that in and would end up emptying the case to check. So now I make my list, add to it as I think of things then cross things off the list as they are packed.

Don't have to think to much this way or worry about forgetting important things.

sunny seas :D

Because we always have to travel so far for all our holidays we have to pack light. We have a set of 'holiday clothes' and toiletries that are permanently packed/ready to go. We also have a few different lists saved on our computer - one for hot weather holidays and one for cold weather holidays. All we have to put in is our formal wear, the chargers and vitamins. mummsie

I normally lay out what I want on the spare bed about a week before, adding and subtracting as needed, then pack the night before we leave.

That way I don't forget anything.

AND I use packing cubes from eBags, that way I don't need to unpack, just slide the cubes into drawers or shelves.

3 Small: underwear, swimwear and electronic rechargers. 3 medium: t shirts, shorts and wraps/beach coverups/sunhats.

Plus a holdall for toiletries and shoes!

(can't forget the shoes!)

AND I use packing cubes from eBags

I hadn't heard of these...until now.

Do they take up much weight in your bag and does it make it difficult to stuff every nook and cranny in the corners etc of the case?

I have to admit to using ordinary plastic bags to separate some categories of my things but perhaps I should upgrade to cubes!

Edited by starryuk