Island tour, only two of us, better to arrange in port?

jkmmah

Since there are only two of us, my mother and I, I'm hesitant to arrange Tours Plaza ahead of time since we'd really like to keep our costs lower, if possible.

Are there plenty of reputable tour operators, perhaps even Tours Plaza, waiting at the dock for customers to fill up their vans? We're just looking for an island overview tour.

Thank you!

I'd book this in advance with Tours Plaza, they'll assign you a driver for the day and you can go where ever you want.

But you can just go to the taxi stand and ask for a taxi tour. For 2 people the zoned rates form the two south cruise piers would be around US$ 60-65 plus tip. (800MXP) . But be sure you get a driver who understands what you want, understands you and speaks reasonable English and can help you, not just drive. Don't hesitate to decline a taxi and look for another. There's usually a "captain" or overseer at the taxi stands who can help you fin the right taxi for you.

I'd book this in advance with Tours Plaza, they'll assign you a driver for the day and you can go where ever you want.

But you can just go to the taxi stand and ask for a taxi tour. For 2 people the zoned rates form the two south cruise piers would be around US$ 60-65 plus tip. (800MXP) . But be sure you get a driver who understands what you want, understands you and speaks reasonable English and can help you, not just drive. Don't hesitate to decline a taxi and look for another. There's usually a "captain" or overseer at the taxi stands who can help you fin the right taxi for you.

I second what crew says for the same reasons.

Due to taxi Union regulations a tour operator cannot pick you up at the port unless previously approved and permitted so you will not be able to get ToursPlaza, or other reputable operator "on the day".

The island tour rates from a regular taxi are posted at the dispatch stand and I thought they were slightly higher than crew stated, about $70 for 3 hours (?), but you may be able to negotiate slightly especially outside of port area. If you are going this route I would have a clear idea of where you want to go. These are fundamentally " drivers" not tour guides, some are better than others.