UDP 25% a la carte from June

insidecabin

Ultimate Dining Package

For sailings on or before July 2nd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Pizza 24/7, Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The UDP is nontransferable. Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants. These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces. The UDP does not include beverages or corresponding gratuity. No kids pricing available for UDP. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. Does not apply to special occasion/holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the UDP (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). $10 per each additional main course will be charged in Le Bistro & Cagney’s. Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Pizza 24/7 and Gelato are not part of the package

UK does not have te dates so UK get 25% now!

http://www.ncl.co.uk/already-booked/gifts-and-more/

A la carte priced restaurants and (Sushi, Raw Bar, The Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, The Cellars, The District and Ocean Blue Waterfront) are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 25% for those purchasing the package. Dolce Gelato, Chef’s Table, Entertainment based dining and 1- and 2-night cruises are excluded. All Entertainment based Dining will be discounted 25% off at time of booking.

Please note that we charge 18% gratuity and on cruises from/to Spain and Spain we are required to charge an additional VAT. Dining packages are non-refundable and must be purchased for the whole cruise. It can be purchased for children 13 years of age and older and adults.

For guests that are Platinum Latitude Members there will be a discount of $20.00 off standard Ultimate Dining Package

Germany the same

http://www.ncl.de/bereits-gebucht/geschenke-und-mehr/

Edited by insidecabin

A la carte discount will be 25% instead of 20 % for sailings after July 2, 2015

That and more restaurants plus shows are included for the 25% discount - seems like a good thing especially since the Escape is coming soon for sailing... Seems to me, on the surface looks doom & gloom, til one actually reads what it says, lol.

Edited by maywell

Am I seeing this wrong?

For the after July sailings, it says an 18% gratuity is included in the price of the package. However, later in that paragraph, it says the UDP does not include corresponding gratuity.

Oh, is that saying beverages and their gratuity are not included?

Am I seeing this wrong?

For the after July sailings, it says an 18% gratuity is included in the price of the package. However, later in that paragraph, it says the UDP does not include corresponding gratuity.

Oh, is that saying beverages and their gratuity are not included?

Their saying that beverages and their gratuity is not included with UDP.

Does not seem like 25% applies to all a la carte items like extras at the fee paying included or up charge at the free one.

One change is they took away the first night in the entertainment/dinner but now 25% any night.

First night performances at entertainment dining options (Illusionarium and Cirque Dreams) are no longer free to those with UDP. You do get 25% off all of those performances. I don't know/remember if you used to get a discount with UDP on those performances other than the first night free.

Obviously for those who were thinking about purchasing (or picking) UDP based on the significant saving (at least $30 pp) of the entertainment dining first night, the extra 5 percent discount on other non-UDP venues probably won't be enough to compensate. Overall I'd say UDP is less valuable with these changes than before, but of course YMMV!

NCL going for triple dipping?

I am wondering about that also. Is this just poorly worded (wouldn't be the first time) or is It ambiguously worded because they are planning on rolling out yet another surprise fee? It guess only time will tell.

Also wasn't it recently announced the noodle bar would now be complimentary? I see it listed at a 25% discount in the "after" announcement.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruisebie

I am wondering about that also. Is this just poorly worded (wouldn't be the first time) or is It ambiguously worded because they are planning on rolling out yet another surprise fee? It guess only time will tell.

<snip>

"You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment." (Francis Urquhart - House of Cards):rolleyes:

Ultimate Dining Package

Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise.

The phrase above concerns me, although the reservation process has has been in place for a while. Are they giving so many of the UDP packages away that they are having trouble accommodating everyone? There are a limited number of reservations available to be made online.

Ultimate Dining Package

Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise.

The phrase above concerns me, although the reservation process has has been in place for a while. Are they giving so many of the UDP packages away that they are having trouble accommodating everyone? There are a limited number of reservations available to be made online.

I have wondered the same thing as well. It also makes me question; Does the need to book at least 24 hours in advance to guarantee availability not go against the whole 'freestyle ' concept?

Rochelle

Also wasn't it recently announced the noodle bar would now be complimentary? I see it listed at a 25% discount in the "after" announcement.

In the before 7-02 terms, it states "An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. At first I thought this was just poorly worded, and should have said "are included" in the package price. But, this statement is not made in the After 7-02 section, so I'm wondering if they are going to try to recapture the 18% auto grat for those who thought they squeaked by when they bought their packages pre 18% add on.

I could construe that statement to mean that if I had prebooked my UDP package PRIOR to the new 18% auto gratuity add on and sailed BEFORE 7-02, that they would add 18% to each specialty venue I visitied.

In the before 7-02 terms, it states "An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. At first I thought this was just poorly worded, and should have said "are included" in the package price. But, this statement is not made in the After 7-02 section, so I'm wondering if they are going to try to recapture the 18% auto grat for those who thought they squeaked by when they bought their packages pre 18% add on.

I could construe that statement to mean that if I had prebooked my UDP package PRIOR to the new 18% auto gratuity add on and sailed BEFORE 7-02, that they would add 18% to each specialty venue I visitied.

Do you think the same could be true for those who have received the UDP as part of a booking promo?

Rochelle

Ultimate Dining Package

Is this any change from previous for UDP reservations? I thought that "no guarantees for availability if not made more than 24 hours in advance" was the previous statement. If you reserve more than 24 hours in advance, you have a guarantee of availability, just like before.

As far as it being against the Freestyle concept, the whole idea of a reservation is against that concept to begin with, but nothing about Freestyle ever guaranteed anything except that you had choices of when and where. If you choose to walk up at 7:00 pm, no tables may be available at x, but may be at Y, but no guarantees.

Ultimate Dining Package

For sailings on or before July 2nd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Pizza 24/7, Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The UDP is nontransferable. Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants. These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces. The UDP does not include beverages or corresponding gratuity. No kids pricing available for UDP. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. Does not apply to special occasion/holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the UDP (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). $10 per each additional main course will be charged in Le Bistro & Cagney’s. Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Pizza 24/7 and Gelato are not part of the package

See bolded red above. It's there - just not in the exact same place.