Breakaway Haven: Crowded/Kids?

grouchomarx

I've been offered an upsell to the Haven. While it's tempting I have two concerns:

1) Does it ever get crowded in the Haven pool area?

2) Are the Haven facilities (pool, lounge, restaurant) over run with children?

Thanks for your advice.

Sailed the Breakaway back in November and saw people in hot tubs a couple of times, and we used a hot tub once. Never saw any kids in the courtyard - I think it would be pretty boring for them. The pool is so tiny I cannot imagine it would amuse them for more than a couple of minutes. Also they would have to remain pretty quiet in that area, or there would almost certainly be one or more complaints. I guess it depends on the age of the kids.

It is a wonderful area for reading or just relaxing. We loved it because it was so quiet and free of over crowding.

I sailed November 30th, and did see a couple of families with younger kids in the restaurant, and I will say those were some well behaved kids. Never saw those families at the pool area anytime I went up there, although I'm sure they were there at times, probably for 10 minutes!). I guess it all depends how much time you think you would spend in the courtyard. We had an aft penthouse with an enormous balcony, so we lounged out there quite a bit. Where I did see a lot of other haven guests was at spice H2O... less windy back there and easier to get a drink.

I'm sure if you were sailing during a peak period you might see the courtyard more busy. It's nice to know you'll probably have no trouble getting loungers or another great spot. Having a place to escape the crowds can be bliss sometimes.

We sailed in Feb and there were 3 kids total, my son at 13 was the oldest and he spent his whole day in Entourage.

We are sailing again April 26th without him and I don't think there will be a lot of kids at that time either. You should be ok next week like you said the schools are back in session but you may have some little ones that aren't school age yet.

Edited by tiggerfan616