Upsell/upgrade question

cruisevers

Since we are approaching the 30 day mark I started reading the boards for Upsell offers others have gotten. This brought to mind a question...

We booked a SY guarantee which came with soda cards, wine pkg, and obc.

If we were to upgrade to an aft wrap SB on our own by just paying the difference would we loose the extra booking goodies? In the same respect, if we are offered an Upsell, would we loose them?

We are going to Alaska and would love to upgrade to an aft wrap. There are 19 Neptune suites and 16 Signature suites that still appear open. There is only a$400 difference between the 2 guarantee prices now. So thinking maybe worth it to call them but not if we loose the extras.

We did this after final payment. For an upcoming cruise we decided to see the cost of upgrading to a larger cabin. Our TA contacted HAL and got a price per person that kept the extras under the original booking. The TA even added a bit more OBC based on the new price. We might have gotten a cheaper upsell offer later but did not want to risk that so we bought the upgrade.

Thx for all the replies. I decided to call to see what they would say. If we upgrade either way, we would not loose our extras, according to the person I talked to.

However since the aft wraps are an SB it would be $1000 pp difference if we just upgraded on our own. More than I want to spend! The $400 difference would be to SC, of which there are few and would probably be upgraded but no guarantee for an aft wrap cabin. Not worth it if it's not an aft suite.

So I think I will stay as is , as we will be happy with any of them and if the Upsell fairy visits, rethink it then and ask again about extras then.

Edited by cruisevers