Cruising week after thanksgiving - what's the kid count?

kugelette

We're going to be cruising 11/28 - 12/5, the week/end after thanksgiving (T-day is the 26th). I assume for most people that means school is in session? Are there normally few kids during that time, or is it still pretty family-oriented the week after?

The bigger question is where are you cruising and how long is the cruise? Caribbean always has more kids. Longer cruises almost none.

Did a Thanksgiving cruise in the Caribbean last year. Almost 400 kids, but the only problems were the adults who consumed too much alcohol. Almost 50% first time cruisers. Oh well, live and learn.

The bigger question is where are you cruising and how long is the cruise? Caribbean always has more kids. Longer cruises almost none.

Did a Thanksgiving cruise in the Caribbean last year. Almost 400 kids, but the only problems were the adults who consumed too much alcohol. Almost 50% first time cruisers. Oh well, live and learn.

We'll be doing the Caribbean. Trying to decide between the same dates and nearly identical itineraries on Holland and Celebrity. We went last year during Thanksgiving week on Holland (same itinerary as this year, actually) and there were not many kids spotted on the ship (except at the kids' pool and kids' club), which was nice. I know, though, that Holland has fewer kids in general. We weren't crazy about their kids' club though (I have a will-be 9 year old) as it was primarily free time playing video games. I'd like a nice balance between not-many-kids and a decent kids program for my kid. It may be the deciding factor in which line we cruise.

We did a 7 night on the Equinox last year for Thanksgiving. There weren't a tremendous number of kids--more than average for sure but not that many. We saw far more on the spring break cruise last month on the Reflection.

We did the post-Thanksgiving cruise on the Summit out of San Juan before and there were quite a few kids, but even then the kids club staff said there were twice as many the week before thanksgiving. The cruises out of SJ tend to draw a lot of local families, so it may not be a great data point for you to compare to.

In general a 7+ night cruise on Celebrity, unless it is during a traditional family vacation time, is not going to have many kids.

Shouldn't be too many kids. We've cruised around that time quite a few times and not many kids on board during those weeks.

This is our experience, too. The week after Thanksgiving has been a good week for us to cruise...usually good rates and few kids.

We cruised Reflection the week before (American) Thanksgiving, and judging by the enrollment at the kid's club - there were about 20 kids on board.

We're cruising this same week in 2015 on Silhouette. You will be guaranteed to at least see my two kids on board.