Boarding time on Jewel OTS out of San Juan

My husband and I are cruising out of San Juan on the Jewel of the Seas December 20, 2015. Our ship is scheduled to leave port at 8:30 PM. We are scheduled to fly into San Juan at 1:23 PM. Ideally we would like to drop off our luggage at the ship and then explore San Juan a little before departure.

I was wondering if anyone who has recently done this can tell me what time the earliest boarding is at.

Thank you!

We flew into SJU in January. It took more than 1 hour to get our luggage and loaded to a shuttle bus. Your luggage is placed in a van, that looks like it was retired from a taxi service, and then you pray that it make it to the ship. LoL

I don't recall how long it took to get from the airport to the ship, but probably about 20 minutes. Nobody seems to get in a hurry at the SJU airport. At some point between leaving the ship and the airport somebody removed my very nice dress shoes. I hope they are enjoying them.

We flew into SJU in January. It took more than 1 hour to get our luggage and loaded to a shuttle bus. Your luggage is placed in a van, that looks like it was retired from a taxi service, and then you pray that it make it to the ship. LoL

I don't recall how long it took to get from the airport to the ship, but probably about 20 minutes. Nobody seems to get in a hurry at the SJU airport. At some point between leaving the ship and the airport somebody removed my very nice dress shoes. I hope they are enjoying them.

I suggest using a taxi instead of a shuttle bus. The cost should be around $25 (total, not per person), assuming you have 3 or 4 bags.

Edited by clarea

Just off Jewel last week.

Line of taxis was extensive, line of people to get in the taxis was 0. Taxi was 20 mins and $26 + tip for 3 pax and 5 bags (Think it was something like $18 base fare +$1 per pax and +$1 per bag).

We arrived at the terminal shortly after 12 and walked straight onto the ship, lunch around 12.30 and rooms were open at 1.

Get a porter in the baggage area at the airport. They take you and your bags to the head of the Taxi line. We usually tip about $10 for a family of 4 and 6 bags. This saves you a potentially long wait for a taxi. Like a previous poster said, base of $16 - $18 + $1 per person and $1 per large bag +~$5 tip gets you to the ship for $25 - $30.

Thank you everyone. All of your knowledge and prior experience will be very helpful. I am getting anxious. Just got off one cruise and I am ready to move to the Caribbean. I think I have told my boss multiple times this week that I am quitting... :)