St peterburg, fla

Eileenfa1

My husband is trying to get a job in the hillsborough county dept. I wanted to know if you can see the cruise ships from st Petersburg island? It's the side nearest to the port. I hope I am saying this correctly. I would love to see the ships come and go - would be a dream of mine. Thanks you

My husband is trying to get a job in the hillsborough county dept. I wanted to know if you can see the cruise ships from st Petersburg island? It's the side nearest to the port. I hope I am saying this correctly. I would love to see the ships come and go - would be a dream of mine. Thanks you

Yes, depending on where you stand...St. Pete Island?

I have watched ships go under the Skyway Bridge from the Manatee side but have seen ships when at the skyway fishing pier as well.

My favorite place to live in that area to see the cruise ships is Davis Island in downtown Tampa. You can see the ships from your house many times. Lovely island and location and prices not too bad for some homes.

St. Petersburg isn't an island. Its the southern most city on the peninsula that's known as Pinellas County. You can see the ship's from a lot of places though. Fort Desoto is one, demons landing, around eckerd college, pass a grill area, and also the skyway pier which is the old bridge. Lots of places to watch the ship's from, even on St Pete beach after it passed under the bridge.

I hope you enjoy this area, it's really hot and rainy but it's a great place to live.

St. Petersburg isn't an island. Its the southern most city on the peninsula that's known as Pinellas County. You can see the ship's from a lot of places though. Fort Desoto is one, demons landing, around eckerd college, pass a grill area, and also the skyway pier which is the old bridge. Lots of places to watch the ship's from, even on St Pete beach after it passed under the bridge.

I hope you enjoy this area, it's really hot and rainy but it's a great place to live.

Great info and suggestions but quite frankly I enjoy watching and waiving at St. Pete from aboard the ship instead! :D

Edited by Captain Carnival

I'm was born in Miami and grew up there. I moved to franklin, tn to help my in- laws but, miss fla very much. It's cold and mountainous here. I miss my palm tress and beach. I went to school at Miami beach high school. I have been to Miami several times and I'm going again to go on a cruise in 2 weeks. [emoji4]