Time from Copenhagen to the Belt Bridge

Ready to Sail!

Does anyone know approximately how much time it will take the Royal to sail from Copenhagen to reach the Belt Bridge? We leave Copenhagen at 11pm and I wouldn't want sleep through passing under the bridge. Am assuming also we will be able to see approach on TV/Bridge Cam.

Are you sailing on the June 14, 2015 cruise? That itinerary doesn't show you sailing under the Great Belt Bridge. Are you referring to the Oresund Bridge from Copenhagen to Malmö, Sweden? If so, I can't help you because our cruise from Copenhagen never took that route. We sailed to and from Copenhagen the northern route. We did have great views of the Great Belt Bridge twice in that cruise.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Do large cruise ships go under the Oresund Bridge? I thought for the most part they all travelled from Copenhagen going north, then west and south around Zealand to the Great Belt Bridge, then into the Baltic Sea? It would seem the air draft of Royal Princess would prevent her from going under the Oresund Bridge?

Copenhagen to the Great Belt Bridge (via the counter-clockwise northern route) is approximately 297km or 160nm. Depending on how fast the ship is going you're looking at 10-12 hours after leaving the dock, so if the ship leaves Copenhagen at 11pm, it should be near the bridge around 9am-11am?

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Yes, I'm talking about the Baltic cruise on the Royal leaving on the 14th of June. My understanding is that the Royal is too big to sail under the Oresund and does need to go around and under the Great Belt.

I found the answer to my question last night on a CC thread from 2012. It will take approximately 7 hours so for us should be around 6am. Not sure what time of day we will pass under it on our return so best be ready the first time.

I had read that it is a really great experience. There is a video on youtube of the Allure of the Sea passing under the bridge.

Thanks for the replies.

We sailed under the Great Belt Bridge on our return to Copenhagen in 2015. We sailed under her about 9:00 in the evening and reached Copenhagen about 4:30 the next morning. That was around 7-1/2 hours later. The time we would approach the Great Belt Bridge was noted in the Patter.

Thanks. We will be headed toward Gothenburg on our return so am guesstimating longer time than between Copenhagen and the bridge. If its 12 - 16 hours then we would pass under then bridge in the afternoon to early evening. Should be good times both ways.

I will be checking the Patter. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Thanks. We will be headed toward Gothenburg on our return so am guesstimating longer time than between Copenhagen and the bridge. If its 12 - 16 hours then we would pass under then bridge in the afternoon to early evening. Should be good times both ways.

I will be checking the Patter. Thanks for the heads up on that.

We also passed under the bridge after we left Arrhus. That time was around 11:00 in the evening and the lighting on the bridge is a great sight at night!

Does anyone know approximately how much time it will take the Royal to sail from Copenhagen to reach the Belt Bridge? We leave Copenhagen at 11pm and I wouldn't want sleep through passing under the bridge. Am assuming also we will be able to see approach on TV/Bridge Cam.

This may give you some idea.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=512837

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.