RDeagazio

I just received the following drydock schedule from RCI in Miami:

Vision- 1/2/06 - 1/12/06

Monarch- 1/16/06 - 1/27/06

Majesty- 1/27/06 - 1/30/06

Serenade- 4/29/06 - 5/9/06

Splendour- 5/6/06 - 5/15/06

Grandeur- 10/13/06 - 12/6/06 ***SHIP WILL BE STRETCHED

Rhapsody is scheduled to be stretched in May 2007.

I know they did Grandeur's last drydock and Sovereign's in the Bahamas, in Freeport. I believe Enchantment was stretched at one of the shipyards (In Finland?...someone will know) :)

And, thanks for posting the drydock schedule. Great information! :D

It's really disapointing to see that Majesty is only going to be in for three days. Only enough time for a fresh coat of paint and replace some carpet. I would like to see more renovations done on board. Most of these will be cosmetic(?) drydocks. Nice to see RCCL keeping the ships in good shape.

Can someone please tell me exactly what they do to "stretch" a cruise ship?

Think of your dining room table...you cut it in half, slide the two halves apart, then insert the "leaf" or new center section. When you put it all back together, you have a longer dining room table.

Sorry Gang.. that's all the info I have at the moment.

I believe Navigator is scheduled for drydock soon but that was not on the list RCI gave me.

The Grandeur will be stretched like the Enchantment.. all other ships drydocks will be the normal "cosmetic" ones.. fresh paint, carpet etc.

This is the e-mail I just received from RCCL. Looks like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

"Thank you for your email, we apologize for the delay in our response.

The Grandeur of the Seas dry-dock schedule is tentatively to take place from April 2007 to May 2007. This is certainly subject to change.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

xxx xxx xxx

Customer Service Representative"

kbisok:

Voyager will be going to Europe next year and Explorer will be taking her place in Bayonne, NJ. When DH/I were on Voyager in July, we spoke to the Captain and he mentioned that this is the last year of Voyager sailing out of NJ and will head over to Europe.

That is encouraging, just hope that your response is better than the one that I received. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I had wanted to do this cruise this year, but it was all sold out. Then when it became available in May for 2006 I jumped on it. So I have been pretty depressed today just thinking about this cruise not happening. Belle

Archived