September weather?

tooalto

Being a warm weather lover, I just booked our first Alaska cruise for Sep.3, 2016 hoping it may be comfortable for me. How will the temperatures be, knowing this is a loaded question. I'd just appreciate some feedback from others who have sailed. We're doing a 7 day RT from Vancouver.

Being a warm weather lover, I just booked our first Alaska cruise for Sep.3, 2016 hoping it may be comfortable for me. How will the temperatures be, knowing this is a loaded question. I'd just appreciate some feedback from others who have sailed. We're doing a 7 day RT from Vancouver.

I've been to Alaska in September just twice. Both cruises ..had some rainy days..and some sunny days. Be prepared for cool, wet weather. Board the ship with a positive attitude.... and enjoy Alaska.

Weather in the Pacific NW is unpredictable, especially as fall approaches. It might be sunny and 70 or rainy, windy and 45. If a fall storm hits it can be miserable.

Easiest thing to do is check historical data for the 3-4 places you will visit. Just plug in the town names for the past 5 years to get a good idea.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

A few days before you depart, look at the current forecast for an idea of what to expect in the week ahead.

In Sept, as in the rest of the season, you can have a WIDE range of weather. Anytime- you will need a jacket at some point. IF you are going to be viewing your glaciers outside, then hat and gloves as well. You can expect temps down to the 40's.

We went mid-September and it was cool (50-60s) and pretty breezy most of the time. I don't remember it getting in the 70s but it may have. It also rained quite a bit which was just fine with me. After the Texas heat all summer without a drop of rain, I was in heaven! 😄