Silhouette Sky Suite

ggroup

We are interested in a sky suite on the Silhouette-specifically 1668. Is this corner balcony like the corner afts on RC Rhapsody?

Pictures would be most appreciated!

Are sky suites eligible for the new Luminae restaurant? Any other perks that are worth the extra cost as compared to CC?

We are interested in a sky suite on the Silhouette-specifically 1668. Is this corner balcony like the corner afts on RC Rhapsody?

Are sky suites eligible for the new Luminae restaurant? Any other perks that are worth the extra cost as compared to CC?

Can't help with comparison to Rhapsody, not having sailed her.

Yes for Luminae. Butler in addition to room attendants.

Sky Suite

When you stay in a Sky Suite, you'll enjoy the luxury of European-style butler service. This includes assistance with unpacking and packing, in-suite lunch and dinner service, afternoon tea, evening hors d'oeuvres and complimentary in-suite espresso and cappuccino from Café al Bacio.

We are sailing out this weekend on Silhouette and we had originally booked Sky Suite 1668. We subsequently received an opportunity to upgrade to the Penthouse so, as you can imagine... When we originally researched the Sky Suites on Silhouette, we found these pictures by another poster. I hope I have pasted this properly...technology is not my strength. If I have not done this correctly, I will try again.

Randy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37732513&highlight=silhouette+1668#post37732513

We love the corner aft suites. Lots of space in the cabin, and although it's just one large room, that's what makes it feel spacious and airy. Large circle window on one wall and sliders on the back. Large balcony.

You will have the suite restaurant and each week of the cruise you will have a free specialty restaurant dinner. Blu is available to you (well it was before Luminae).

The butler can arrange parties and handle reservations. However, we don't ask a butler to make phone calls to restaurants and such, as we can do that ourselves.

We did have a party arranged last cruise, and it was wonderful.

You will still have your cabin steward who takes care of the cabin. The butler will take care of you, with afternoon tea/coffee/snack service and will usually be the one to deliver your room service meal. And DO take advantage of that! On port days we prefer breakfast in the cabin while we get ready to go out. Perfect!

Some people don't like the long walk to the nearest stairs and elevators. We don't mind it at all - it's good for us. And the location is quiet and a perfect sail-away place.

When are you thinking of going? We are on the Baltic cruise sailing May 16 and we are in 1668. We specifically chose this suite because we were in an S1 on our Mediterranean cruise last year and we loved it - except for the noise from the Oceanview Cafe above, so we went down a deck this time. We loved it - the space, the location on the corridor (even though it is a long walk from the elevators, it is away from all the other cabins so there is no noise - like we were on our own cul-de-sac!), and especially the balcony - oversized with a 270º view - nothing like it!!! The percs are nice too. Can't compare to anything else - have only sailed Celebrity, but we love it. If you're not sailing until after we get back, I'll be happy to let you know how it was.

Did you do the upgrade? and if you don't mind....how much did they want to upgrade you?

We are sailing out this weekend on Silhouette and we had originally booked Sky Suite 1668. We subsequently received an opportunity to upgrade to the Penthouse so, as you can imagine... When we originally researched the Sky Suites on Silhouette, we found these pictures by another poster. I hope I have pasted this properly...technology is not my strength. If I have not done this correctly, I will try again.

Randy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37732513&highlight=silhouette+1668#post37732513

• 2 weeks later...