New faster internet - any proctical experiances?

cblzaccie

We cruised on Carnival Freedom in February, and they had the new Internet system installed and offered the $99 unlimited plan.

The short answer to your question is that the new system works better than what Carnival offered previously. However, there are times where you are at sea out of the reach of land-based towers when the Internet is still horribly slow.

The system that Royal Caribbean uses on their newest ships, with Internet provided by O3B Networks, is far superior to the system that Carnival is upgrading to.

That's the short answer. For the long answer, with all the details including ping times, download speeds, upload speeds, and all that stuff... head on over to my Carnival Freedom review and scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way to the bottom until you see the section titled "Internet Access".

With the new rollout of the fast internet on various ships and the $99 all you can use plan, has anyone been on the ships that have it and used it?

woudl love to know how well it works

We are currently on the Breeze and I am replying on it. It is better and faster. Still not fast enough to stream or FaceTime, but significantly better than it was before.

We are currently on the Breeze and I am replying on it. It is better and faster. Still not fast enough to stream or FaceTime, but significantly better than it was before.

Same experience here, I purchased the $99 plan to FaceTime but was never able to get connected with the kids. They ended up giving me a 50% refund, next trip I will just buy the $60 plan.