princess bus from Denali to cruise ship

joydisney

For those who have taken the bus from Denali to cruise ship through Princess, does it make any stops? Does it stop for lunch?

I haven't done it but I would guess that there would be several stops. That is a long trip.

You do get an extended time, bus stop in Anchorage, I've seen the Princess buses lined up. I've also seen the buses stopped at the Parks Highway McKinley overlook, when it was viewable, but only one time, a few years ago. There is a bathroom on board the bus.

With the most scenic section of the ride the last hour++ Anchorage to Whittier, (rest is a lot of trees, some dullness :) ) sit on the right so you at least have the Arm views.

Edited by Budget Queen

That is a long ride on a bus but the tour companies continue to offer it. I've usually seen them stopped at the downtown Anchorage museum for about an hour. There's a fine restaurant, the Muse, within the complex where many visitors eat. The 5th Avenue mall with a good-sized food court is within two blocks (nothing fancy at the food court).