Group cruise with TA

MimiMia

I am looking for advice.

I have a group cruise booked with a TA but don't feel like she is doing the best work. I emailed her about a price drop and was told I didn't qualify even though I booked as Early Saver. Then when I called carnival to take over the booking because she was MIA of 2 weeks they wouldn't help, now she is refusing to turn my booking over to Carnival. We have paid full deposits on 3 rooms and just the hold fee on the others. What should I do?

I am looking for advice.

I have a group cruise booked with a TA but don't feel like she is doing the best work. I emailed her about a price drop and was told I didn't qualify even though I booked as Early Saver. Then when I called carnival to take over the booking because she was MIA of 2 weeks they wouldn't help, now she is refusing to turn my booking over to Carnival. We have paid full deposits on 3 rooms and just the hold fee on the others. What should I do?

Are you before final payment date? Are these refundable deposits? If so, I would cancel with the TA and then book as a group with Carnival.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

If it's not a big online agency, I would kindly remind her that a bad review would have VERY bad consequences for her sales.

So, she either starts the engine and provide good work for you or you could escalate within Carnival for a turn over.

Nowadays with social media so prominent, it will NOT be in her benefit if you let everyone know how you are being treated by company X.

You are locked in, as you have booked Early Saver (and will incur penalties if cancelled) and you will lose your Reuniting for Fun promo as well if you do.

Not all fares can be matched for ES. Next time insist on a three way conversation

Know that any reduction in your fare reduces her commission. Many large TA's impose change fees for this.

Also not all fares will support a group booking. It's quite possible that your fare was one of those.