Tickets-and-Tours.com Saint Petersburg

Re: tickets and tours, I am likely using them in June. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Stan today and was very impressed. Yes they are new but they are part of the company that supplies tickets to all the tour companies in St Petersburg. We are doing a private tour that shows us what we want to see not just the standard fare. Our first day will be on foot or transit. I know it's a risk since they're new, but all companies were new once!! Really looking forward to this experience. We are also going out at night and experiencing white nights.

He was very upfront about the company and what makes them different.

This is definitely a company that is looking for the adventurous visitor. And no, I'm not worried about being stranded - we did independent tours all over Asia, Europe and eastern Europe.

This company sounds like a perfect fit for us - I look forward to letting everyone know about our experience.

Lisa

I'm looking for for Fun Adventurous Family stuff to do in St. Petersburg. My wife and I are 48 and our kids are 15 and 18 and will be coming in via a cruise ship on a Saturday and a Sunday July 18-19 2015. We will have a private driver for eight hour each days and we will also have 4 hour the first evening to explore alone. Doing the usually tourist stuff is not us we like doing local everyday people stuff. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Edited by schiltgen

• 1 month later...

:)

I will be using them in July, assuming all the communication goes well, and will post when I get back. It sounds promising, we were looking for a private tour and wanted some flexibility with our schedule so my hubby might be able to get some amazing photos. Depending on the weather/light conditions we are able to switch around some of our sites, not the ones with reserved entrance times, but a few others.

My parents did a tour with one of the larger companies and was not impressed. I considered 2-3 other smaller companies that do private guide/small groups, but there seemed to be a bit of a barrier, I asked a question and I didn't really always get an answer. This was the only one that seemed to understand my questions and answered it. I agree that they are just starting out, but they seem really experienced with it and hopefully will provide the service I am looking for. If not, you'll hear about it!

Jenn

I really hope you have a wonderful experience in STP and wit T&T

We are going to used them in September and as you said every question you have the give an answer and quick.

Something someone told me to check was the affiliation they have with a well known tour company in Russia. I'm pasting it right here:

Tickets and Tours. is affiliated with SPb Tickets Ltd., St Petersburg Russia.

SPb Tickets Ltd. is bonded and registered in Russia under the Russian Federal Registry No: MBT 012825Copyright SPb Tickets 2015

The tour we are taking does not start in St P, it's the one for the 5 Baltc capital. Starts in Germany and then Estonia. After that it will be Russia. I guess the previous trips will allow us to see how experience and professional they are. And of course payment is due in Russia.

Just in case we have plan B. Actually another tour company sent me a private message asking me to write a review for then since they are new too and they will give us 50% off of their prices. We will see how it work.

But please let me know your opinion about T&T. It will be very much appreciated. Have a wonderful trip

I noticed an ad on here for subject company for 2 Day Saint Petersburg Shore Excursion for $199. My understanding is that this company is just expanding into the shore excursion business, so my question may be premature. Does anyone have any experience with this company or their tours? Has anyone tried to book a tour through their webpage?

Just back from Baltic trip on Celebrity Eclipse (sailed 14th June)

Before going I tried researching, as best I could, a number of companies and ended up booking with Tickets & Tours after some correspondence with them. The correspondence arose due to my natural caution dealing with one of the lesser known companies.

Very pleased to report that my wife & I were more than happy with them.

On Day 1 we were met by their representative once we emerged through immigration

Our group eventually consisted of 10 on Day 1 and 8 on Day 2 plus of course the driver and guide.

We saw all the main sights over the 2 days and based on fellow cruisers we did as well (if not better) than most as we saw the Faberge Museum whereas many other groups did not.

Our group (being small) asked to try and be back 30 minutes before scheduled time (90 minutes before sailing) on Day 2 and this was done.

The reason I mention this is that I reckon there were at least 60 (possibly closer to 80) white minibuses that we observed returning over the last hour to the 2 cruise ships berthed in SPB.

I got the definite impression and am pretty certain that all these unbranded buses are owner driven and that the tour companies be it Tickets & Tours, Alla, SPB etc. simply employ the bus/driver and a guide as needed.

So in reality they all share the same buses and guides. Thus our driver could have been with an Alla group the day before and same for the guide.

Obviously a big bonus was that the cost was $199 compared with $299 by all the others. I paid a total of $460 including the gratuities whereas with Alla, SPB etc. cost would have been $690 based on 10% to guide & 5% to driver.

Bottom line is that you end up with exactly the same buses, drivers & guides no matter who you choose if going for the not greater than 16 size groups.

They simply put their cardboard logo on the dashboard each day to denote which company.

I'm more than happy to recommend Tickets & Tours & please PM me if you have any questions relating to my experience of them

Just back from Baltic trip on Celebrity Eclipse (sailed 14th June)

Before going I tried researching, as best I could, a number of companies and ended up booking with Tickets & Tours after some correspondence with them. The correspondence arose due to my natural caution dealing with one of the lesser known companies.

Very pleased to report that my wife & I were more than happy with them.

On Day 1 we were met by their representative once we emerged through immigration

Our group eventually consisted of 10 on Day 1 and 8 on Day 2 plus of course the driver and guide.

We saw all the main sights over the 2 days and based on fellow cruisers we did as well (if not better) than most as we saw the Faberge Museum whereas many other groups did not.

Our group (being small) asked to try and be back 30 minutes before scheduled time (90 minutes before sailing) on Day 2 and this was done.

The reason I mention this is that I reckon there were at least 60 (possibly closer to 80) white minibuses that we observed returning over the last hour to the 2 cruise ships berthed in SPB.

I got the definite impression and am pretty certain that all these unbranded buses are owner driven and that the tour companies be it Tickets & Tours, Alla, SPB etc. simply employ the bus/driver and a guide as needed.

So in reality they all share the same buses and guides. Thus our driver could have been with an Alla group the day before and same for the guide.

Obviously a big bonus was that the cost was $199 compared with $299 by all the others. I paid a total of $460 including the gratuities whereas with Alla, SPB etc. cost would have been $690 based on 10% to guide & 5% to driver.

Bottom line is that you end up with exactly the same buses, drivers & guides no matter who you choose if going for the not greater than 16 size groups.

They simply put their cardboard logo on the dashboard each day to denote which company.

I'm more than happy to recommend Tickets & Tours & please PM me if you have any questions relating to my experience of them

Great👍. Glad you had a good experience with T&T

Thank you for the recommendation. Finally!!!✌

I also got another one at TA

Hope we get more posts in this regard 😀

I am booked for a private van tour for 2 days with my family of 4 in July with Tickets & Tour. I have called Stan the general manager of Tickets & Tours at least 5 times at the U.S. Number that rings in St. Petersburg Russia to ask questions and to organize my 2 day private van tour. Stan is from the U.S. so communication is not a problem. I have also set up the Berlin tour with them too. I look forward to meeting Stan and giving my review after I return. If you have any questions or are curious call Stan he is extremely knowledgeable.

QUOTE]Bottom line is that you end up with exactly the same buses, drivers & guides no matter who you choose if going for the not greater than 16 size groups.

[I am so glad that you had a great time and your experience with Tickets and Tours went off without any hitches.

But this statement you made is simply not true. I know for a fact that most of the major tour companies, ones like SPB Tours, have their own guides, their own drivers. The guides are hired, screened and constantly reassessed to make sure that they have the best ones around. I'm sure the other companies do the same. There is no generic guides that just wander about, working for anyone who will pay them.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Bottom line is that you end up with exactly the same buses, drivers & guides, no matter who you choose if going for the not greater than 16 size groups.

I am so glad that you had a great time and your experience with Tickets and Tours went off without any hitches.

But this statement you made is simply not true. I know for a fact that most of the major tour companies, ones like SPB Tours, have their own guides, their own drivers. The guides are hired, screened and constantly reassessed to make sure that they have the best ones around. I'm sure the other companies do the same. There is no generic guides that just wander about, working for anyone who will pay them.

The fantastic lady who guided us on our brilliant tour with Arctur (by far the biggest tour operators in St Petersburg) last week, works for various tour firms on a day-by-day basis during the short season, including SPB Tours.

She herself is a fully government licenced tour guide who can make visa-free arrangements in her own right, given two weeks notice to arrange the immigration paperwork.

One feature that seems to make Tickets and Tours stand out from the rest is their "time on your own" feature, where you are allowed to wander round town unchaperoned during part of your tour if you wish, "supervised" only by a local cellphone which they provide for you to call your guide if you have any problems. I have not seen this offered anywhere else.

Edited by Bollinge

Alla, SPB, etc. all have tours that go to Faberge Museum too. They'll also include a stop at the Peter Paul Fortress and Cathedral as well as the Faberge museum, which you don't get to see with Tickets if you see the Faberge.

And, when I went on my tour with one of those established companies that you mentioned, my cost wasn't $299. Instead, my price was much less than that.

The $299 price is what those tour companies will quote you and happily accept if you agree to pay that price. But, you can also negotiate with them to get a better price.

Alla, SPB, etc. all have tours that go to Faberge Museum too. They'll also include a stop at the Peter Paul Fortress and Cathedral as well as the Faberge museum, which you don't get to see with Tickets if you see the Faberge.

And, when I went on my tour with one of those established companies that you mentioned, my cost wasn't $299. Instead, my price was much less than that.

The $299 price is what those tour companies will quote you and happily accept if you agree to pay that price. But, you can also negotiate with them to get a better price.

When I was shopping around before I decided on which tour company to use one of the 2 companies you mentioned did not offer any reduction on the $299 even after I told them I could get it for $199.

Personally we were more than happy with Tickets & Tours and I'm more than happy to recommend them based on our experience during our 2 day tour with them.

As we didn't use any of the competitor companies I can't comment based on experience but as I said in a previous post we were just as satisfied or more satisfied than any of the other people we discussed our tour with

• 9 months later...

There are already some good reviews for Tickets & Tours on this thread, but I will be more than happy to add mine!

The good thing is that the company does not take any payments or deposits up front - you pay after your tour!

My wife & I used Tickets & Tours in May of 2015 and were extremely pleased with them. Beforehand I also had communicated with Stan who proved very responsive and was also exploring option of 'private tour' with Ludmila Tours who also were extremely helpful to me.

Had sailed on Celebrity Eclipse and it transpired that we were the only 2 from our ship but there were others from a Princess Line boat.

Based on our experience I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Tickets & Tours to anyone going to St Petersburg. Fact that Stan was American was irrelevant to us as we are from Ireland and not USA.

Last year Tickets & Tours were roughly $100 cheaper than most of the other companies for effectively the same tour. A bonus for us was that on Day 1 there were just 10 of us and on Day 2 it was 8 so a very manageable group on both days and was thus like a semi private tour, at a cheaper price.

For what it is worth we realised when in SPB that all (or practically all!) the tour companies use exactly the same pool of white mini buses, drivers, guides etc. Reality is that the only real difference can be the piece of cardboard, showing company logo, that is displayed on the dashboard!

PS In our case the company didn't even take the money from us until the second day. All others on the tour had apparently booked using Viator whereas I had booked directly

Edited by Blunkly

Actually this is a long overdue comment or review on my part.

We took our cruise back in September 2015 and I wanted to review Tickets and Tours. My overall experience with Stan was really good.

We started on the wrong foot because my booking prior to St Petersburg was canceled at the last minute, but I understand that, when dealing with third parties situations like mine can happen.

But going back to St Petersburg our tour was excellent. Stan was there, outside immigration to apologize in person for the mishap, and even gave us a gift. That was nice of him to do that

My husband and I started our tour in a white mini bus with 6 more people and later two more people were added. I have to say that only my husband and myself were booked directly with Tickets and Tours. All other passengers got booked with Viator and they paid a little bit more and ahead of a time. We paid in the afternoon close to the end of the second day.

We visited all the sites as explained on the website. Our tour guide was very professional but friendly. ( I suffer a knee injury two days before our trip and she was very kind and considerate with me ). If I am not mistaken her name is Maria, and she was delightful. She spoke English well and was knowledgeable about history and facts that were of interest to all present. A memorable experience was the subway ride and the freedom to walk around in the museum and to do a little bit of shopping.

We also had the chance to meet Ludmila and like some people has mention before, it seems some different companies work together. At the end of the day in those white minibuses many tourists share the same tour experience independently with whom they did book their tours.

Of course not if you pay for a private tour.

Bottom line, Tickets and Tours it is a legitimate company with great service and outstanding people that want to make you feel happy and comfortable.

Do I recommend this company based on my experience? ABSOLUTELY YES :)

I did look for Tickets and Tours in Trip Advisor and couldn't find it. That's bad. They should have it listed so more people can read about this company there too.

When I was shopping around before I decided on which tour company to use one of the 2 companies you mentioned did not offer any reduction on the $299 even after I told them I could get it for $199.

Personally we were more than happy with Tickets & Tours and I'm more than happy to recommend them based on our experience during our 2 day tour with them.

After I was done negotiating, there really wasn't a significant price difference between Tickets & Tours and the tour I went on. Since price wasn't a factor, I didn't choose Tickets and Tours because their tour didn't see as many sights as the one I went on and I wanted to see as much as I could on my trip.

I would guess you had more difficulty getting those other tour companies to reduce their prices than I did because you were asking them right off the bat to slash their price to match Tickets and Tours even though the tours weren't the exact same tour. ( I was a real nerd about it and printed out the various itineraries for all the major tour companies to compare them and see what you were paying for with each one.)

Also, the price I ended up getting wasn't the first quote my tour company gave me. They had to keep on dropping the price until we finally reached a price we were both happy with.

Edited by hobbess

• 2 months later...
Prior to this year, I had never heard of this tour company nor have I ever read any reviews from cruise critic members who have booked with them. I just noticed that they began advertising on cruise critic this month or thereabouts. Lack of reviews does not necessarily mean a whole lot as every startup company must begin somewhere. But, you will most probably not find anyone on these boards who have used T&T. I also can't find this company anywhere on TripAdvisor (most tour companies are listed on this site).

So, if you feel comfortable using them without any prior reviews or references from cruise critic members, go for it. :)

Just came across your post from last year and would like to say:-

YES we have used Tickets & Tours on the 2 Day Deluxe Tour and it was nothing less than MAGNIFICENT:) Very Professional guide and Chauffeur and we saw so many many places over those 2 days, it was unbelievable, and comparing what we heard from other passengers on our ship we had the best Tour - we have also recommended them to other friends of ours who also agreed that the whole experience was Brilliant - The Service was 5*++++++++ we don't always like to recommend things to people as we all have our own opinions - but have NO HESITATION in recommending Tickets & Tours to ANYONE - hope this will help anyone going to St Petersburg in the future

Just came across your post from last year and would like to say:-

YES we have used Tickets & Tours on the 2 Day Deluxe Tour and it was nothing less than MAGNIFICENT:) Very Professional guide and Chauffeur and we saw so many many places over those 2 days, it was unbelievable, and comparing what we heard from other passengers on our ship we had the best Tour - we have also recommended them to other friends of ours who also agreed that the whole experience was Brilliant - The Service was 5*++++++++ we don't always like to recommend things to people as we all have our own opinions - but have NO HESITATION in recommending Tickets & Tours to ANYONE - hope this will help anyone going to St Petersburg in the future

Also at the end of our second day, our chauffeur picked Stan (owner) up at their office in Nevsky Prospect so that we could meet him in person and he drove back to the Port with us - he is into photography and also took photographs of the BRITANNIA as it was her first trip to the Baltic - as well as pics of us at the ship with our guide Ludmila & Chauffeur Sergey:)

We used Tickets & Tours in St Petersburg in May 2015 and we were extremely pleased with them.

Had no prior knowledge of them other than a small bit of research online plus found them very responsive and helpful when I raised any concerns I had.

We were on Celebrity Eclipse and as it turned out we were the only 2 from our cruise using them.

However they were there waiting for us and after boarding us on minibus we were then joined by another 8 from a Princess Cruise.

We were extremely delighted with them and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them

Incidentally we also received great help from Ludmila from Ludmila Tours and if any one is visiting St Petersburg and can put together a small group of 6 - 8 I would recommend using Ludmila Tours for a 'Private' tour. Extra bonus of being able to alter schedule to personal preferences

In our case I would have liked to see/hear more about Russia of the 20th century and not as much about times long past.

Of course we wanted to see palaces etc. but would willingly have taken some time of a few destinations if we could have learnt more about the WW2/Cold War/Fall of Communism/Today period

Hence if we ever return our 1st choice will be to try & get a small group together and avail of Ludmila Tours.

However if not that company, would be very happy to use Ticket & Tours again