registering an interest in future cruise

bill_posters_is_innocent

I have been looking at a cruise to the Med on Queen Elizabeth departing in October 2016.

This cruise is not yet open for booking but on the Cunard website there is an option to register an interest.

Is there any advantage to doing this or is it best to just wait till bookings are open. ?

None that I know of, if you have a Future Cruise Credit to use there is the consideration of OBC but you'll get that anyway.

This is what the Cunard FAQ page has to say about pre-registering. To be honest it doesn't sound very appealing, I thought the whole point of booking early was to get the cabin you wanted - you can only register for a grade.

Can I pre-register for a cruise?

Registration for Cunard Main Edition 2016/17 will be available as of 26 March 2015. This can be done direct with Cunard through our Customer Contact Centre by calling 0843 374 0000 (calls charged at local rate),on board ship, online or you may also enquire with your local Travel Agent.

To register direct with Cunard please advise us of your preferred voyage and your preferred cabin grade (it is not possible to specify a cabin number at this stage). The price of your holiday will be based on a Cunard Fare. If you wish to go ahead with your registration we will take your deposit and you will have a firm commitment to travel on your preferred voyage at the cabin grade specified or higher.

Registration will close on 13 April 2015 at 20:00pm. The full release of the Cunard Main Edition 2016/17 brochure is set for 14 April 2015 at 13:00am for World Club Member and on the 15 April 2016 at 13:00pm for all.

When the new programme goes on sale, your registration will be converted into a confirmed booking with a specific cabin, and we will send you an email confirmation advising you of that cabin number and your booking reference, within 24 hours of the official launch of bookings.

Should you wish to cancel a registration after the payment of a deposit, please be aware that you will be bound by the terms and conditions of making a booking and will be subject to cancellation fees. Please also note that when Cunard is offering a Past Guest launch day, guests who would normally be entitled to book on these days will have their bookings converted on these days. Other registrations will be dealt with when bookings open in general.

Only a limited number registrations can be accommodated and they will be made on a first come, first served basis. Registrations will close before the cruise programme goes on sale.

Our team of experts will be here to talk to you Monday – Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm (with the exception of public holidays).

There may be some advantage that I'm not seeing .... I suppose in the case of a really popular sailing it might help but are there any next year which are likely to sell very quickly ?

Edited by Host Hattie

When you pre register with P&O you specify all your requirements incl perhaps a specific cabin/location and dining requests and this gets put into the system immediately that the bookings open to all and you are therefore more likely to get your preferences as yours are there first before all the on line and phone bookings.

Also, I was advised that P&O's fluid pricing system may mean that if a cruise is very much in demand, the price may rise accordingly and the early quoted prices may have gone up.

Edited by Scriv

I have been looking at a cruise to the Med on Queen Elizabeth departing in October 2016.

This cruise is not yet open for booking but on the Cunard website there is an option to register an interest.

Is there any advantage to doing this or is it best to just wait till bookings are open. ?

Hi,

I believe I have pre registered on the same cruise 24th October Med?

I will let you know how things go we the cabin is allocated on Tuesday.

Ian