Free drinks offer

Lanky Lad

We didn't get offered this on our QM2 Dec cruise either? Is it part of the add on packages you can buy? We paid full price also, altho supposed to have the 'ultimate upgrade' package but this was sold out, so not sure why it was still being advertised on our cruise.

Love a ginger cosmo also.

This was a special offer from Cunard when I booked my cruise. Interesting to hear that the real maximum price is $7.50. Has anyone been caught out by this?

We're booked on QV with the Free Drinks Offer. Does it include hot drinks, coffee, tea etc that are chargeable?

As far as I know all drinks are included up to the limit.

I sure hope they are anyway, I am looking forward to a few morning coffee's :)

Edited by Lanky Lad

• 2 months later...

Likely Lad, just checked again with Cunard reference the drinks on board and they have informed me that the 15% is waivered so drinks up to the value of $9 can be ordered. I was previously misinformed. Also as long as both of you have the drinks package the drinks may be ordered together. We will be sailing in Spanish waters and will have to pay the 10% vat charge by the Spanish authorities. Hope this information is of help.

Thank you for clarifying the situation Platonic. We're on Queen Victoria in December, and have the free drinks package included. The $9 limit includes quite a few of my regular choices. Still need to buy Veuve Cliquot when we dine in the Verandah :p. I'm looking forward to it so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from our cruise so thought a I would report back on the drinks package. Once again I was misinformed by Cunard. Each individual on the package must order their drinks, one drink at a time. The drinks are billed to your account and then removed on the next day. We had a card left in our cabin on the second day to sign for the package which we then gave to our room steward. It worked very well but I am sure we drank more than we would normally do!!! One hiccup, the bill left at our cabin on the last night did not remove that days drinks so a quick trip to the pursers desk at 6.30 am to sort it. Hope you all enjoy.

The service charge is put on each receipt but is taken off the next day along with the price of the drink. We were pleasantly surprised at the choice of drinks available at the $9 ceiling, even able to have a courvoisier.

The service charge is put on each receipt but is taken off the next day along with the price of the drink. We were pleasantly surprised at the choice of drinks available at the $9 ceiling, even able to have a courvoisier.

I would say I am looking forward to my cruise even more now, but I don't think that's possible. :)