New menu on the Miracle?

MaiTaiMary

Has the menu in the MDR changed recently on the Miracle? We were on the ship in November and thinking about booking another one for August. Will the menu be the same? If it has changed, can somebody post a link to the one?

Thanks! :D

John Heald posted that the Miracle will have the new American Table menu on 10/10/15, so you will have it for your November cruise.

Here is a link to the new menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2177212

Darn, that's the cruise we are sailing on! I'm actually excited to try the new menu, I just worry about inconsistent quality and service while they are implementing it. Oh well, I'm sure it will be great and we'll have a wonderful experience. It's all about attitude, right?

• 1 month later...
John Heald posted that the Miracle will have the new American Table menu on 10/10/15, so you will have it for your November cruise.

Here is a link to the new menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2177212

So it looks like this menu is specific to the Caribbean? Will it be different once the ship gets to the Mexican Pacific Coast? Any idea what the extra nights will be for a longer (13 night) cruise? We will be on this cruise in Feb. 2016. Thanks

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Miracle 11/14/15 cruise, and were excited/hoping for the new American Table menu.....that is, until I read the many reviews. I think there was only one positive review out of the hundreds or negative.

We've sailed the Inspiration and Imagination 3 & 4 day cruises several times with the American menu. There are a few Los Angeles and Mexican entrees that aren't on the menus in the posted link. Specifically I remember a salmon dish, tuna appetizer (if you liked the duck app on the old menu the tuna is on the same noodles) and a chili relleno.

The sides are no longer served as shared items. At least we didn't get them as such, even when we ordered multiples on both ships.

We've sailed the Inspiration and Imagination 3 & 4 day cruises several times with the American menu. There are a few Los Angeles and Mexican entrees that aren't on the menus in the posted link. Specifically I remember a salmon dish, tuna appetizer (if you liked the duck app on the old menu the tuna is on the same noodles) and a chili relleno.

The sides are no longer served as shared items. At least we didn't get them as such, even when we ordered multiples on both ships.

The Chile Relleno is really spicy. Even my niece who eats very spicy Thai food said it was spicy.

There is also a chicken chow mein dish that is really good. The noodles are crispy. The chickpea biscuits is another name for falafel.:rolleyes:

The Chile Relleno is really spicy. Even my niece who eats very spicy Thai food said it was spicy.

There is also a chicken chow mein dish that is really good. The noodles are crispy. The chickpea biscuits is another name for falafel.:rolleyes:

We have had new menu on Liberty and Glory and enjoyed them. Sounds like the WC version is rather different.

Thank you for sharing; I'm glad to hear there are more options. The good thing about food on a cruise...is there are always many options. I just got a little bummed when I read so many negative comments about the "new American Menu" on John Healds FB page.

Is it true that they took away the tablecloths and bread basket in the MDR? I'm fine without bread, but tablecloths in the beautiful dining room add to the elegance.

Table clothes are a non-issue for us. Inspiration still has the table clothes, Imagination has the pretty 'wood' table tops.

The biggest issue for me was the physical size of the menus. The original menu board seemed like it was 18x24 (15x18?), very awkward to read. Also very awkward to put down when finished. Too big to put down on the table, too big to hold on your lap. The Imagination got Tri-Fold holders. Much easier to hold and the format was easier to read.

Hopefully the Miracle will get the trifold menus. There have been no reports of anyone seeing 'wood' tables in the Miracle MDR.

On the Inspiration we got a bread basket, don't remember on the Imagination. The bread basket is another non-issue for us.

We've sailed enough times to experience the tweaks in the recipes, it's been an interesting ride.

Edited by SadieN

I've done many cruises on both imagination and inspiration in the past few years, and was hoping to get some of the new items John H listed. I liked the Miracle menu last year.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Miracle isn't getting the new menus anymore. Only Magic and Triumph will get them this year. Not sure why the change though.

Do you have any more info on this? We're on the 10/10 cruise, just wanted to verify which menus we'll be getting. I hadn't seen the change, so I'd love more info if you have it!

They'll have the menus that they already have. John Heald announced it a little while ago that the rollout to the rest of the fleet was on hold and only Triumph and Magic were getting the new menus this year. I was looking forward to trying the new menus in November too. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until Feb as Imagination still has them.

Glad to see another Utahn on here. I grew up in Taylorsville/Kearns.

Edited by vwrestler171

Just off Miracle and it needs the menu change in MDR, IMO.

What's up with the severe shake on Deck 10 mid at Nick and Nora's dining even post dry dock? Everyone sitting around us was commenting and questioning it to the staff. Seems odd, and was not luxurious in any sense.

Thank you for sharing; I'm glad to hear there are more options. The good thing about food on a cruise...is there are always many options. I just got a little bummed when I read so many negative comments about the "new American Menu" on John Healds FB page.

Is it true that they took away the tablecloths and bread basket in the MDR? I'm fine without bread, but tablecloths in the beautiful dining room add to the elegance.

Just off Miracle. They bring bread in baskets once or twice per meal to choose bread or roll from and the tables have cloth.