Anniversary ideas?

Anyone have or seen some cool anniversary celebration ideas? It will be our 10th anniversary on our 5/16 Oasis cruise next month. The cruise was already an anniversary surprise, but I'm looking to do something a little extra special the night of. Planning already to go to a specialty restaurant--either Chops or Giovanni's Table (I would do Central Park 150, but DH is picky, and I do not think would enjoy the tasting menu like I would). We've done Chops and GT before, and I think I'm leaning towards GT (which we loved!) because our experience with the food at Chops was meh. Also, we don't drink, so a special bottle of wine is not for us.

What could I do that would make the day or night extra special? We will be in St. Maarten that day. Also, the musicians at night in Central Park-- do they ever take requests?

Any neat anniversary ideas onboard, please share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's our twentieth anniversary a few days before we leave. So I'm curious to see what others come up with. A few ideas that I've heard of and am thinking of looking into are:

1. If you tell RCI that it's your anniversary, they will bring a special cake to your table.

2. There is a spa treatment called an exotic rasul. 50 minutes is $95 and you and your spouse get to do mud treatments on each other and then shower in a rainfall type shower. You're left alone the whole time to "enjoy" your time together however you see fit! I'm not positive which ships offer this service though. It's not advertised anywhere on the website, so you'll have to check once you're onboard.

3. They offer wedding vow renewal in the chapel.

Congratulations! And romance like this will keep it going for another 10 years!!

I'm curious now what we'll get. Must just be the slice of cake. I reserved on the phone and he asked if we were celebrating something special. I told me our anniversary and he said they'd have cake delivered to us the first formal night. I don't think I was charged anything extra, but maybe I should check!

It's probably worth checking. Please let us know how you make out. We are also listed as celebrating an anniversary.

I plan to mention that we only want slices and not the whole cake as soon as we meet our waitstaff. Might be a good idea to mention it to guest services too as soon as possible after boarding.

Depending on the cost, it might be worth getting the whole cake and bringing the left overs back to the cabin!

Edited by Cruisin'4Us

When you book a cruise with RCI they ask if you are celebrating any events such as birthday, anniversary, retirement. So for instance if you say I am celebrating my 50TH birthday on Nov 3rd then that evening they will end your dinner with a piece of birthday cake. They have brought us birthday & anniversary cake in the mdr and Chops. Both times it was a surprise. If you used a TA tell them to contact RCI and add anniversary celebration to your booking.

1714525341_cakecruise.jpg.b129c481be86c15895ae1548cf83c0b0.jpg

Stealing/adapting an idea from another thread - if you have a special gift that you are planning on giving to your significant other, give it during a formal portrait taking. That way you'll have a permanent memory of the event. Just be sure to let the photographer know in advance.

It's our twentieth anniversary a few days before we leave. So I'm curious to see what others come up with. A few ideas that I've heard of and am thinking of looking into are:

3. They offer wedding vow renewal in the chapel.

Congratulations! And romance like this will keep it going for another 10 years!!

I thought I read somewhere that the wedding chapel was removed from Oasis in dry dock? Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know what a vow renewal would cost or how I could find info about it?

What could I do that would make the day or night extra special? We will be in St. Maarten that day.

Any neat anniversary ideas onboard, please share!

You could go here during the day, walk from the ship, and it would make the night :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257106&d=1358046825

Edited by setsail