Tell Me Of Splendor

All I know about it is that it was stranded once lol.

I have sailed Liberty (Pre 2.0), Imagination (best cruise ever out of any ship or line) and Breeze (great cruise).

Do they have the old pre 2.0 shows or are they upgraded?

Going by those 3 that I sailed is there anything different that I should expect? Seems to have a low passenger to space ratio but I booked during an off season. Right after Thanksgiving.

I have sailed Liberty (Pre 2.0), Imagination (best cruise ever out of any ship or line) and Breeze (great cruise).

Going by those 3 that I sailed is there anything different that I should expect? Seems to have a low passenger to space ratio but I booked during an off season. Right after Thanksgiving.

Not sure about the 2.0 stuff as I am not really interested in all of that. I know a lot of folks love the 2.0.

Took Splendor on a reposition from San Juan to Miami this past Nov. Had a blast. I liked the ship a lot. Big ship, but not too big. Nice balance. Check out shipparade.com for a lot of information and some great photos too not of just Splendor but other ships too. Liberty is quite similar to Splendor, Splendor being 113K GTs and Liberty at 110K GTs. Almost an identical ship.

I have two Splendor reviews in my signature that should answer just about any question you may have. Going back on her in June.

I also have a Splendor review in my signature with lots of pictures. I don't think the Splendor has the 2.0 shows yet. They still have the old MDR menus. The pool area is a little awkward because it feels so enclosed, even with the retractable roof open. The pizza place is in the front of the lido restaurant, not in the back like the rest of the ships. Also the rotisserie grill is in the aft upstairs at the buffet, not in the front like on Fantasy class ships. No one really knows it's up there so there's never a line and plenty of places to sit. Not my favorite ship but I've booked her again for next year.

I was also on the San Juan to Miami cruise on Splendor in November. Fortunately, this ship does not yet have the 2.0 downgrades. She still has the good pre-2.0 shows in the theater. All 3 were very enjoyable. On my sailing, the ship never felt very crowded. Your sailing, between the holidays, will probably be fine as well. My sailing on Splendor has been my 2nd favorite cruise & my 2nd favorite ship to the Dream, but the unique itinerary that we had helped to add to the enjoyment of that cruise.

As alluded to, the main pool has a retractable roof over it. It's kept open most of the time, weather permitting, except that they would close it for the nighttime deck parties. That created a nice atmosphere. We didn't get much rain, so it was almost always open otherwise, but it's nice to have that if it does rain. The big screen is underneath the roof, and it is at the base of the waterslide, instead of at the base of the main pool.

I just got off the Splendor this past Sunday. The shows are still the old ones with live music. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. The pool area seemed a little crowded sometimes for us but that was about the only time I felt crowded. Dinner seating went quickly- we did 6 PM dining. Try the Chef's table- it was incredible. I will be doing a review, complete with pictures, later this week. Kevin, the current cruise director is great- very funny! We never ran across a crew member who was not friendly. You will have a great time!

When we went on the SPLENDOR, I was at first concerned because of her not having the 2.0 upgrades. However, in the end, I didn't miss 'em. She's a fantastic ship, clean as can be, good entertainment, good food, and great staff.

The other thing I like about her over the many other Carnival ships is the fact that, since the retractable roof is over the forward pool, there isn't one over the stern pool. The stern is wide open, which I love.

I have two Splendor reviews in my signature that should answer just about any question you may have. Going back on her in June.

Can you tell me anything about the shows?? what is the 2.0?? ..... what are the shows about ?? will they be changing before 11/15/15 ??

Can you tell me anything about the shows?? what is the 2.0?? ..... what are the shows about ?? will they be changing before 11/15/15 ??

2.0 added some venues and really changed the production shows. Changed the shows in a bad way IMHO. I am relieved to hear this one has not had the 2.0 "upgrade" yet. I am taking some first time Carnival cruisers and they wanted to see some shows and the 2.0 shows were painful to watch on the Breeze IMHO.

I dont see them changing before November

I love the Splendor! Some say it has too much pink, but it didn't bother me at all. I've been on Miracle, Legend, Valor, and Splendor. Splendor is my favorite so far. The rotisserie was my favorite place for lunch. I love the way the Lido deck is set up! We had a wonderful time on her for our honeymoon last year!

I could care LESS about decor...I'll be onboard! :)

I've been on Pride, Spirit, Paradise, Inspiration, Ecstasy and Miracle...I'm excited to add another one to my personal sailing repertoire! :p

Edited by SoCalKJ