Conquest 4/4/15 - FTTF, Cheers & Chef's Table, Oh My!

bjd2

What is FTTF? I'm new to Carnival and not up on the lingo

FTTF is Faster To The Fun, which is an excursion that you can purchase online at Carnival's website. Go to your "Manage My Cruise" page and click on Plan Activities. Shore and Spa excursions will come up. Click on the port you are embarking from for excursions and FTTF should come up. Click on FTTF (add to cart) and buy it for just one member of your cabin. You only need one FTTF to cover everybody in your cabin.

We love FTTF because you get through the embarkation process usually faster and easier. Your cabin is ready to enter when you walk on board and your luggage is usually there as well. Without FTTF, there is a wait to access your cabin (1:30) and luggage may take awhile. We love this because we can dump off our carry ons, change into swimsuits and cover ups and grab lunch on the lido. We also order Bon Voyage (alcohol through Carnival) ahead of time which is in our cabin, carry on our mixers, have our stateroom attendant get us a bucket of ice and make cocktails in our Tervis tumblers to take up to Lido.

Another benefit of FTTF is the priority boarding on tenders. In Grand Cayman we will be tendering from the ship to the pier and because of FTTF we will be on probably the first tender. Good since we need to be on the pier at 8:45 for the stingray city excursion and the ship docks at 8.

At Guest Services you have access to the Platinum/Diamond wait line, which usually has no one in it. I have used this feature more than I thought I would have.

When you debark (sad times) you have benefits, I think. Early debark?

Another plus is if you want to book a table the first night for the Steakhouse. I think you have priority (haven't used that one) and since you are early on board you can beat the crowds and get your reservation in.

It's now $59.95 per cabin. Only book it for one person, that's all you need to do,

Edited by momonthego17

What night was the Chef's Table offered? We will be doing the same itinerary in October' date=' and I like to know what night we won't be at dinner. Thanks![/quote']

We had ours on the first port night, 4/7. There was one the night before as we met people who had been to it. I don't know if there were any more after ours. We didn't get our invitation in our cabin until that day. I had called the Steakhouse to get confirmation or I would have been worried.

What is FTTF? I'm new to Carnival and not up on the lingo

mom gave you the rundown. There's about 800 threads a week that you can read. It's a popular subject ;)

Even if I weren't Platinum, I'd never spend the money on it but people seem to love it. I just have other things I'd rather throw away my money on, like gambling. LOL.

OP, are you going to talk about what you did in the ports?

I use a Notepad on my phone throughout the cruise or I forget it all by the time I'm home, let alone get done with my review! Actually, if I even forget to write up notes at the end of the day, I forget by the next! :p

We had ours on the first port night, 4/7. There was one the night before as we met people who had been to it. I don't know if there were any more after ours. We didn't get our invitation in our cabin until that day. I had called the Steakhouse to get confirmation or I would have been worried.

Oh yuck. That sucks. We're in St Maarten until 6 pm. That seems to be cutting it kind of close. I wouldn't mind the second sea day, but after the port day would be exhausting. Thanks for the info. (Im)Patiently waiting my turn!

Terrific review. Many thanks. We will be on the Conquest 8/23/15 and it will be our first time on her. We are Diamond members and looking forward to our special parties with officers and crew members. Would love to see current Fun Times!! John & Priscilla :) :)

Thanks for review and pics...it is enough..do what you can. It is all a gift. I just love the Conquest photos and you got some superb ones....everytime I see the artwork and the glass lights it is a thrill..you got great photos and I can't believe since I love more Princess type decor... I keep falling in love with the Farcus fun...as years go on like on Fantasy class..I think it will be treasured as a bygone era..LOL..hate being old enough to see it..LOL...sarah

Modest but comfortably spacious. We did find it warm at times with the thermostat to the coldest position. We remarked that many spaces in the ship were warm rather than really cold like we're used to. No light jackets needed at night!

DSCN1336.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1338_1.jpg

The location of this room was fantastic. Our 3rd time in this area. 3 doors down from the main pool doors. No noise or traffic by our cabin.

what was your cabin number?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bjd2............

I have a question, a little bit off topic.

You mentioned that you stayed at Embassy Suites. How did you like it ?

We are sailing on the Conquest first week of September and will be staying there and I was just wondering how you liked it.

Thanks

When do they take the cover off the adult pool?

Each morning they would open the cover, I would say before 10. They would close it if we were approaching rain and then open it again when past. It was a very nice place to hang out.

Hi bjd2............

I have a question, a little bit off topic.

You mentioned that you stayed at Embassy Suites. How did you like it ?

We are sailing on the Conquest first week of September and will be staying there and I was just wondering how you liked it.

Thanks

We really liked the Embassy Suites. Our friend had gotten it for us or I wouldn't have booked something so fancy. We had basically a small apartment. For one night it was more than we needed, but I'm not complaining! Breakfast was great too. For the right price we'd stay there again.

I finally added up our drinks from our statement and again found Cheers to be a great value. We ordered 193 drinks between the 2 of us. Most of our drinks were over $8 and many Alchemy were 9.95 drinks. Our bill without Cheers would have been at least 550 higher than the cost of Cheers with using just a $7 per drink average, which I think is very conservative.

We were never falling down drunk but most of the time were sipping on something yummy.

Thanks!! Sounds awesome! I was worried with Chef's Table that cheers wouldn't be worth it but I loooooove speciality drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And though the wine was freely flowing at the Chef's Table, we didn't really have much of it as we wanted to fully enjoy the meal. There was plenty of time after dinner for some specialty drinks. :p

And though the wine was freely flowing at the Chef's Table, we didn't really have much of it as we wanted to fully enjoy the meal. There was plenty of time after dinner for some specialty drinks. :p

We thought it was a great menu the Chefs Table really enjoyed this one but the Brits drunk too much wine!:D

We thought it was a great menu the Chefs Table really enjoyed this one but the Brits drunk too much wine!:D

Ha ha, we're so glad we go to meet the Brits! Thanks for posting the food pics as I didn't take any while we were eating. :D