Conquest 4/4/15 - FTTF, Cheers & Chef's Table, Oh My!

bjd2

We just returned yesterday from 8 beautiful days on the Conquest. I'll try to upload some photos soon and am glad to answer questions that I have input on. We are 45 from WI and traveled with friends. We had no children with us so I can't answer things other than we didn't see very many considering there were 700 on our Easter week sailing.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites at the cruise port thanks to our friend. (Thanks again Adam!!) We had a nice time at their outside area by the pool and walked to the nearby Outback Steakhouse for a nice dinner.

We normally take a shuttle or taxi to the port and this was the first time having friends along who had a car. We all rode together to the port at about 10am. We parked in the ramp at terminal 19 and found that the elevator was out of order. It was interesting watching all of our big luggage taken down the 2 stories. Oh well, I told my husband we were making memories early!! :D

We had FTTF and our friends are Platinum. We were shuffled to separate check in areas and at about the same time they went to the lounge and we were shown to an area for FTTF. There were no signs. As the terminal filled up, no one was holding zone numbers and nothing was marked that I could see. It really seemed chaotic but I don't know what happened once zones were called as we were taken upstairs after special needs, weddings and Diamond/Platinum guests. We were on board by noon and our room was ready. Our friends had a Captain's Suite and their luggage was already there when they got there. Ours was just shortly behind.

FTTF also helped us this time as there were a few times that I needed Guest Services, one being that I lost my sign and sail card and went to see if it was there. It was and I was the only person in the priority line. My husband said it would have stunk to stand in line behind the 15 or so other people that were in the regular line. This was our same experience a couple other times that we visited. We were so glad to have had it.

We purchased Cheers right away and I haven't gone through the statement yet but I am very sure that it was well worth it for us.

I'll be back later and hopefully with some photos.

Modest but comfortably spacious. We did find it warm at times with the thermostat to the coldest position. We remarked that many spaces in the ship were warm rather than really cold like we're used to. No light jackets needed at night!

DSCN1336.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1338_1.jpg

The location of this room was fantastic. Our 3rd time in this area. 3 doors down from the main pool doors. No noise or traffic by our cabin.

Excited for your review. We are doing the Conquest in October for an Eastern. If you did an Eastern I would love to see the Fun Times. We did the Conquest two years ago and loved her. This year we are on the Lido like you. It is good to hear you had no noise. I did a lot of reading before we booked Lido but my family is still of the "wait and see".

Thanks for this review.

We are from Wisconsin too and just did an 8 night Southern on Conquest in March. Looking forward to your review. What itinerary did you do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I forgot to mention that! We did St Martin, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. It's my first day back to work today and on my first break I find myself back here, lol. This will be a long day! :eek:

I forgot to mention that! We did St Martin, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. It's my first day back to work today and on my first break I find myself back here, lol. This will be a long day! :eek:

That is our schedule! I can't wait to see more.

Between work and home this week has been crazy. I'll add more as I can. I'm having trouble with my scanner so the Chef's Table invites and menus are delayed. We were asked not to take pictures so we didn't. There is a great review posted recently with pictures of the menu that we had and it is easily searchable. I believe it was on the Miracle. The food was fantastic and this event is probably the highlight of our cruise. We will definitely do it again in the future. It's difficult to describe the experience.

Here are some more pictures of the ship:

Sunflower Atrium

DSCN1288_1.jpg

Our favorite drinks were from Alchemy. Our 3rd experience with this venue and we have never been disappointed. Kitti was one of our favorite employees on the ship.

DSCN1305_1.jpg

These flowers are seen everywhere

DSCN1324.jpg

Piano Bar

DSCN1329.jpg

Aft adult pool while covered early in the morning. It was open most of the time and we never had a problem finding chairs there or having children in the area.

DSCN1402.jpg

I'm doing this itinerary on the 5/31 sailing. I sailed Conquest on 11/16/13 on the 2nd leg of the repo (from San Juan to Maimi).

I didn't used to be a fan of the Conquest class (too large for my tastes; I like the Fantasy class and love the Spirit class size and layout), but I quite liked Conquest. My only complaint was why they didn't put in the Serenity Deck when they did the 2.0 refurbish. I like the Impressionist art (including the Pissarro in the elevator shaft that I have hanging on my wall).

Looking forward to more.

OP, where are you? I have less than 6 weeks until I sail, so get back here! :p

Um, dad? Not sure what you're doing, but does it have anything to do with the thread? If you're just trying to figure out how to post things, there's a whole separate board for "practice" posting. ;)

I'm so sorry. Work and life somehow have taken priority over posting about our cruise!! :eek:

I hate that in 2 weeks much of the details of this cruise have faded. I do have to say that in comparison to our previous 6 cruises, this one was a bit lackluster. We didn't feel special as we did on our past cruises for some reason. We still had a good time, but it was different.

Chef's Table was amazing and the highlight of our cruise.

FTTF was great and I'll try to get it until we're platinum, 2 more cruises.

Cheers was so worth it, mostly thanks to Alchemy. Love that bar!

We booked our next cruise on board. Can't wait to see the Pride!

beautiful shot taken at Jack's Shack in Grand Turk

DSCN1595.jpg

Bluest water ever!

DSCN1612.jpg