Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

I love your review ! We were on the Liberty in March and were really looking forward to Grand Turk, but unfortunately strong winds prevented us from docking. We were so disappointed ! We will just have to make sure it is on our next itinerary ! I love looking at your pictures, because they make me feel like I am there ! Thank you for taking the huge amount of time it must take to do such great reviews !

Thanks for doing this review. It's always a pleasure to see a new review written by you! Looks like you had an amazing time.

Great review! Looks like a wonderful time. I hate to think I have over 500 days until sailing on the Pride. :p

Thanks for reading!! We had a great cruise. :)

Loving the review! Great job and keep it coming!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for reading!

I love your review ! We were on the Liberty in March and were really looking forward to Grand Turk, but unfortunately strong winds prevented us from docking. We were so disappointed ! We will just have to make sure it is on our next itinerary ! I love looking at your pictures, because they make me feel like I am there ! Thank you for taking the huge amount of time it must take to do such great reviews !

Thanks for following along! I hope you get another chance to go to Grand Turk and soon!

I am soooo enjoying your excellent and detailed review! I'm wondering if you can explain to me a little more about the beach and bar scene layout in the port area of Grand Turk.

Am I correct that as I walk off the dock and turn left there is first a place called Crew Bar, behind it is Margaritaville, then further walk on that left direction beach is Jack's Shack?

Then turning right off the pier there is the whale sculpture and a less crowded beach (is it a beach only w no bar)? And a little further walk is the conch graveyard?

Please and thank you!

Great trip report!! We are going back on the Pride in March 2016. Can't wait. You have given me much to think about while in GT. The cabanas look great but so not sure I want to stand in that long line to get back on th ship. I am so enjoying your report, keep t coming. Denise

I am soooo enjoying your excellent and detailed review! I'm wondering if you can explain to me a little more about the beach and bar scene layout in the port area of Grand Turk.

Am I correct that as I walk off the dock and turn left there is first a place called Crew Bar, behind it is Margaritaville, then further walk on that left direction beach is Jack's Shack?

Then turning right off the pier there is the whale sculpture and a less crowded beach (is it a beach only w no bar)? And a little further walk is the conch graveyard?

Please and thank you!

Thanks for reading!! When you exit the pier, to the left Margaritaville is first. The Crew Bar is further down the beach, and Jack's shack is even further. To the right is pretty much how you described it.

Great trip report!! We are going back on the Pride in March 2016. Can't wait. You have given me much to think about while in GT. The cabanas look great but so not sure I want to stand in that long line to get back on th ship. I am so enjoying your report, keep t coming. Denise

Thanks for reading. The next time I see the line so long, I'll just plop myself down on a lounger and wait until the line shortens before heading back.

Really enjoy your review. Thank you for sharing with us!

Thanks for following along!

I thought that the large lobster tails served in the steakhouse were warm water not Maine. I really prefer Maine lobster & will be very happy next Sunday dining at David's & my husband is sure to thoroughly enjoy his ribeye. Hard choice though since the lamb chops at David's are TO DIE!

How was that dessert? Have you had the homemade ice cream. I was gonna make sure to save room for something special for dessert but have tried the cheesecakes & the chocolate sampler & really didn't care for either. The apples looked pretty food to me.

Edited by absolutely brilliant

Really enjoying the review, as always!! Lots of cliffhangers in this one!! Trying to wait patiently...

I'm dying to know what happens next .... please post more!

Impatiently yours,

HMC will be up next. Over 400 photos of HMC to sort thru. I promise some pages will be up later today! :)

Yippee!!! It’s Half Moon Cay Day!!!!

CP0722.jpg

I know that everyone has been anxiously waiting for the answer to that million dollar question since the beginning of the review, “will they get a cabana”? The answer is………. um, no. In fact this is the second cruise in a row, both of which were booked only a month or two before, that we were shut out. Yes, we were disappointed, but we know how to make do. The good news is that when we’re back here on the Splendor in the beginning of July, we’ll have our cabana again!

We were up at 7:30am, ready for the day. Patti began putting together a few bags of free laundry to send out this morning, so that we’ll get them back later tonight. I ran up to the Blue Iguana Cantina to get another breakfast burrito. This is getting to be a habit!

Our plan for the day is simple. Patti and I will get on the first tender over to the island, and then while I set up our spot for the day, Patti will walk around taking pictures. Ryan, who wants to sleep in a little today, will take a later tender over, in time for his Aqua Trax Watercraft Adventure tour at 11.

Around 8:30, the Captain drops anchor off of Half Moon Cay. Within minutes, the tender boats are coming out to meet us…..

CP0723.JPG

CP0727.JPG

Here is my tender information. Platinums and FTTF people got the same information…..

CP0729.jpg

We got down to Guest Services about 8:55, and a couple of minutes later, we were led, along with a sizeable group of other people, down to the first tender. As we were going down there, I heard CD Jase announce that those with tender tickets 1 through 5 could now board. It took about 10 minutes to load the tender, and then we were on our way. Patti snapped this picture, which happened to be of the area of the beach where we would be spending the day…..

CP0730.JPG

After about a 10 minute ride, we had arrived…..

CP0731.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti and I would now split up. I was going to head down the beach, and set up shop underneath a large shady tree, between Villa “C”, and cabana 6. I would pull a couple of loungers underneath said tree, go rent a couple of floats ($14.99 each), then hit the Pirate Ship Bar, and get a bucket of beer. I did the same thing on our Fascination cruise last year, and it worked out perfectly.

Patti, as she always does, will walk around taking pictures, eventually meeting up with me. It amazes me, that as many times as we have been here, Patti always manages to photograph something that I have never seen before. I wonder what it will be this time. Enjoy, as she shows you the main part of the island. The First Aid Station…..

CP0732.JPG

The tender landing area…..

CP0735.JPG

CP0736.JPG

There is some new construction going on…..

CP0739.JPG

The Welcome sign…..

CP0741.JPG

Rumrunners, which is the closest bar to the tender landing area. At the end of the day, this is the perfect place to wait for that last tender….

CP0742.JPG

To be continued…..

Half Moon Beach sign…..

CP0743.JPG

The Carnival Pride, at anchor, off of Half Moon Cay…..

CP0744.JPG

CP0747.JPG

The kid’s water park…..

CP0745.JPG

Looking down the beach from the kid’s water park…..

CP0748.JPG

Patti took this zoomed shot down the beach without knowing that I would be in the picture. I can be seen at the end of the third Villa, carrying two yellow water floats…..

CP0749.JPG

To be continued…..

The Oasis. Only costs $1,500. To rent, but you have an open bar, a private BBQ, hot tub, etc. Perfect, if you have a small group, (15 to 25 people)……

CP0750.JPG

This is the water sports hut which is on the beach. The lockers are on the back side…..

CP0751.JPG

Another view of the construction…..

CP0752.JPG

The water fountain in the main Plaza…..

CP0754.JPG

The seating area by Rumrunner’s Bar…..

CP0755.JPG

Distance signs…..

CP0757.JPG

To be continued…..

Jeff, first thanks for taking the time to write this.

I never thought of waiting at that bar rather than standing in line. How do you know when the last tender is loading?

I will say it again I wish CCL offered a cruise that anchored at HMC for five days and just tendered back and forth . HMC, beer and BBQ all day. Tender back for a shower and supper and blackjack all night long. Then repeat.

Also do you have any idea what that building is that is under construction? My guess is some sort of a waiting area for the tenders.

Edited by Tutontow

The Calypso Island Tram Tour. Patti will be taking this behind the scenes tour later on…..

CP0758.JPG

The Gift Shop…..

CP0760.JPG

It looks like the people are enjoying the Plaza…..

CP0761.JPG

Here are some views of the vendor stalls. This is the only place on the island that takes cash…..

CP0762.JPG

CP0763.JPG

CP0764.JPG

To be continued…..