Oasis Chef's Table for non-drinker

DH and I will be on Oasis 5/9 along with another couple. We'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary. DH is a non-drinker, the rest of us imbibe.

I've scheduled us for the Chef's Table our first night on board and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on whether or not it's totally wine oriented. The reviews for it sound great and DH is quite the home chef.

Thanks for any advice and feedback you can give me!

Gwynn

My husband and I went to the Chef's Table on the Serenade and my husband is not a drinker. The chef came out and presented each course with an explanation of everything that's on the plate. Then the wine server explains why he chose the wine to pair with the course. It is a marvelous dinner. My husband did not feel left out. Enjoy

When booking onboard, they did offer special pricing for one couple that joined me for the Chef's Table on Oasis that did not drink alcohol. They were very accommodating.

While it is certainly a very social event and the wine pairing is a key element of the experience for those that do drink, the server does make sure that no one feels left out.

We booked the entire table in March and it was outstanding! We had a teenager and a non-drinker. We got no break on price for them. However, we booked in the suite lounge upon first boarding and they gave us $75 price for everybody.

It seemed like he was trying to fill up the table ASAP and I saw him working the other tables pretty hard.

We found out later his only compensation is from tips given at the Chef's Table. It is an outstanding experience and the food was well worth the price. BTW: the rest of us drank the non-drinkers wine and we enjoyed it.

We booked the entire table in March and it was outstanding! We had a teenager and a non-drinker. We got no break on price for them. However, we booked in the suite lounge upon first boarding and they gave us $75 price for everybody.

It seemed like he was trying to fill up the table ASAP and I saw him working the other tables pretty hard.

We found out later his only compensation is from tips given at the Chef's Table. It is an outstanding experience and the food was well worth the price. BTW: the rest of us drank the non-drinkers wine and we enjoyed it.

That was nice of you to not let any wine go to waste. :)

Our experience was that there was no shortage of wine with 12 people attending.