Celebrity Infinity Sky Suite Questions

Just the two of us

Does anyone have a picture of a sky suite on the Infinity S1 or S2?

Are the sky suites worth the extra cost?

Any help would be appreciated as we have never booked a suite before.

Are there any better locations on the ship?

A sky suite is only one big room, not a true suite.

They are classified as suites because they come with a butler and a bathtub in the bathroom and suite amenities that regular staterooms do not get.

A picture of just any sky suite on the Infinity will not be particularly helpful because there are wide differences from one sky suite to another, not only in the size of the room itself but also in the balcony and the bathroom and possibly even a difference in the balcony doors.

It would really be more helpful if you would post the room number of the sky suite you are considering and can see photos of that actual room and its balcony.

As to whether or not sky suites are worth the extra cost, it depends on how much extra cost you are talking about. The prices of sky suites can vary greatly.

For many of us, sky suites are sometimes worth the price, while other times they are not.

Edited by varoo

Just had the new brochure, we are booked for South America to Ft Lauderdale, but noticed the Happy Hour seems to have disappeared for Elite cruisers, anyone know....l do enjoy this get together of regular cruisers in the panoramic bar....so hope I am wrong.

Xanthe

Why do people feel compelled to list all the cruises they have been on, is anyone else interested in other folks cruising history .

A sky suite is only one big room, not a true suite.

They are classified as suites because they come with a butler and a bathtub in the bathroom and suite amenities that regular staterooms do not get.

A picture of just any sky suite on the Infinity will not be particularly helpful because there are wide differences from one sky suite to another, not only in the size of the room itself but also in the balcony and the bathroom and possibly even a difference in the balcony doors.

It would really be more helpful if you would post the room number of the sky suite you are considering and can see photos of that actual room and its balcony.

As to whether or not sky suites are worth the extra cost, it depends on how much extra cost you are talking about. The prices of sky suites can vary greatly.

For many of us, sky suites are sometimes worth the price, while other times they are not.

This is not accurate. All sky suites on m class are the same inside except for 6145 and 6146. A couple have different size balconies I believe 6130/31 have larger balconies but the insides are the same.

I was looking at 6126 as it looks like a larger balcony but it also looks like it has not been solsticed or refurbished.

We have been in 6125, twin if 6126...the balcony is larger on one end. We have also sailed in 6145 numerous times and it is wonderful!

I would view that as a possible reason to book in a sky suite. No?

Agreed, depending on many factors. We always look for the best value, as we perceive it. The new DR, if as good as anticipated, does have a value, as does the larger room, price differential from balcony or CC, among others.

We booked on the Equinox last March in an aft sky suite just before they announced that would include a suite restaurant. We thought it was an extra bonus.We were Willing to pay more for the extra room and the beautiful aft view. The price did go up in the next month so we were glad we booked early.And with the 123 go we really have a nice all inclusive vacation !!:)

We just got off the Infinity and we were in a S2 (6123). We usually book concierge but we got this as an upgrade (long story). The room was a good size, the bathroom and a tub/shower. We were on the Infinity for 4 b2b cruises the first three we were in a concierge cabin. The upgrades in the sky suite were: better shampoo etc (next time I'd bring my own)

There is a proper wall closet with inside lights but we had exactly the same number of drawers and storage space in the concierge as in this cabin.

We like to eat breakfast on the balcony and were disappointed to find out that we just had a very small table on the balcony (we had the larger one in the concierge cabin). We did have two foot stools (which we did not have in our previous cabin) We were on deck 6 port side and we had the lowering bars for the small white life boats outside our cabin. They were in the way of our photos going through the Panama Canal. We had an excellent Butler (first time we had one) and the afternoon tea was special. This was the first cruise that Luminae restaurant (for suites) was opened although the new menu and furniture was not scheduled until April 13th (the day we left). The dinning room was very nice and it was much quieter than the main dinning room. It was like eating in a speciality restaurant every night.

Are these "perks" worth the extra money? Only you can decide. I doubt very much we were book this category again. I would book 6145 or 6146 (away from the life boats) if you're really interested in a sky suite.

I did take pictures, but I'm still unpacking and haven't uploaded them yet.

Just had the new brochure, we are booked for South America to Ft Lauderdale, but noticed the Happy Hour seems to have disappeared for Elite cruisers, anyone know....l do enjoy this get together of regular cruisers in the panoramic bar....so hope I am wrong.

Xanthe

Why do people feel compelled to list all the cruises they have been on, is anyone else interested in other folks cruising history .

You're really asking in the wrong thread...but the two hour cocktail event remains a Celebrity Tradition (captain's club perk), occasionally replaced with drink coupons when there are just too many elites on board for the sky lounge.

BTW, we're on that same cruise...and the one before it.

Edited by ghstudio