Music on deck on the Pride

denas

We are considering booking a cruise on the Pride next summer. Departure port and ports it visits are great, price is good, and my oldest son loved the food last Carnival cruise (our kids prefer it over any other cruise line). We sailed on the Liberty about 2 years ago and the biggest problem we had was the awful, blaring music and screaming DJ by the pool. My youngest son is autistic and the noise was way too much for him to handle. He likes being outside and finds it very calming, but there was really no place for us to have him outside that wasn't so terribly loud since all of the outdoor space on the Liberty were around the pool on various decks. We brought a college student who is in a sorority at a pretty big party school to help with the kids and even she was complaining about the loud noise.

Has this improved at all? The layout on the Pride decks looks a bit different, so is there a place we can hang out (besides our room) that is quiet? Obviously Serenity isn't an option for our son!

I was just on the Pride last week. I have similar issues with loud music and noise. The DJ played pleasant party ish tunes, Motown as I recall etc. It's somewhat loud by the pool....but there were plenty of chairs on the upper deck most days to go if you don't like the music down by the pool. I read alot there. There are spots where you can't hear the music at all when the ship is in motion. Just the sounds of the ocean. Hope this is helpful. :)

I was just on the Pride last week. I have similar issues with loud music and noise. The DJ played pleasant party ish tunes, Motown as I recall etc. It's somewhat loud by the pool....but there were plenty of chairs on the upper deck most days to go if you don't like the music down by the pool. I read alot there. There are spots where you can't hear the music at all when the ship is in motion. Just the sounds of the ocean. Hope this is helpful. :)

Thanks. We have tried three different lines with our little guy and all have their pluses and minuses. Biggest minus on Carnival was the noise! This time I am booking the biggest balcony I can get so I have that as a last resort and going to bring noise cancelling headphones, but would like to spend some time outside of our room and my little guy hates to wear the headphones. I think we are going to go for it - if I can convince DH that it will be a little better with this ship layout. My little guy actually really likes music, it was just the volume that was too much.

If I remember rightly (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) the second pool has no music and you can't really hear anything from the main pool area. Also, now there's a splash zone water park if your little guy is into that sort of thing, which also won't have crazy loud music...

• 2 weeks later...

If you are at the main pool, which is the pool with Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana, then that's where they will have loud music and a DJ.

Go to the next pool and you will have a more relaxing time and less sound. Yes, you can still hear some of the music, but it's not bad and you are not screaming while trying to talk over the music. I hate that too.

Also, don't forget that the Pride has the new 2.0 upgrads and this means that you can head on up to the water park for water fun and there's no noise up there. It's a great place for the kiddies to play (and adults). :D It's all the way up at the back of the ship past the whale tale.