P&O wifi query

Carter7568

Can anyone tell me what sort of packages or charges P&O now have in place for wifi.

When did they stop free wifi for suite users, anyone know.

What do cruisers do to get wifi in Europe.?

Are any of the mobile phone company packages worth it?

Thanks for any replies.

Can anyone tell me what sort of packages or charges P&O now have in place for wifi.

When did they stop free wifi for suite users, anyone know.

What do cruisers do to get wifi in Europe.?

Are any of the mobile phone company packages worth it?

Thanks for any replies.

We paid £35 for 100 minutes last week on Britannia. If you signed up on day 1 or 2 you got a 20% bonus time added.

Most ports have free wifi where you can get off the ship and connect for free. Just look for where the crew gather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We paid £35 for 100 minutes last week on Britannia. If you signed up on day 1 or 2 you got a 20% bonus time added.

Most ports have free wifi where you can get off the ship and connect for free. Just look for where the crew gather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, Can you tell me if the wifi was OK, did it work in cabin & was it fast enough? Thanks.

On our recent Oceana Cruise we got the same deal....I pretyped any emails and it took roughly 7 minutes to send and receive...the 120 mins lasted for the 17 sea days...we used free wifi in all the ports

Edited by jenny wren

Hi, Can you tell me if the wifi was OK, did it work in cabin & was it fast enough? Thanks.

Hi

Its never fast on board. Certainly cannot be used for downloading or skype for instance. Just moderate browsing and email.

It worked fine across the ship and in cabin on Britannia. Not sure about the other ships. Last time we were on Ventura we had to go to a lounge to use it.

Hi

Its never fast on board. Certainly cannot be used for downloading or skype for instance. Just moderate browsing and email.

Is it possible to get a daily UK digital paper?

David.

The wifi on board is not to the best standard but when I updated Facebook with pictures etc would minimise time by have the picture ready to upload as soon as i sign into the wifi. And while the pictures/post are uploading my emails are syncing at the same time. If I keep the login page open I can see the timer but usually can do what I need to do in two minutes.

Like others use wifi on the islands (Caribbean) but it's always best early before the beaches/bars get busy as it means everyone is sharing it

In Europe, have a look at Three with their "at home" service, which is an awful lot cheaper than the others.

It doesn't cover every country, but now it does Italy, France, and Spain, it is very useful for med cruises.

But presumably you can't use this (wifi) when at sea as the phone signal will still connect to the maritime network? It's only good for when in port.?

Please correct me if I am wrong:confused: