Open Dining Table for One

buckirj1

I haven't sailed Carnival in several years, but I'm considering a return. What are my chances of getting a table to myself in the MDR? I'd definitely do Carnival's version of open seating (My Time, Your Time, whatever they call it) because I loathe being told what time to eat as much as I don't like sitting with the same people all the time. I'd probably eat before 6 or after 7:30.

If you book your cruise with Your Time(Anytime) dining then when you arrive at the MDR you just say "table for 1" like you would in a restaurant on shore. They will ask for your cabin number and seat you by yourself.

IF you meet other folks who also have Your Time Dining that you like, you can always plan to have dinner with them as well!

Also remember that if you like your wait staff, you can request them every night so they get to know your likes/dislikes etc.

Just something to keep in mind as well....

When you go and you ask for a table for one, you will be at a table for 2 (obviously). Thing about that is, some are so close to other "table for 2" that it almost seems like it is a table for 4 (although you dont have to wait on the others to order etc). This was the experience my wife and I had on our 2 Carnival cruises. We often conversed a little with the table next to us since it was almost awkward not to given the close proximity.

I haven't sailed Carnival in several years, but I'm considering a return. What are my chances of getting a table to myself in the MDR? I'd definitely do Carnival's version of open seating (My Time, Your Time, whatever they call it) because I loathe being told what time to eat as much as I don't like sitting with the same people all the time. I'd probably eat before 6 or after 7:30.

I'm a frequent solo cruiser and always have ATD. I've never had a problem being seated by myself, and that is what I typically ask for. The smallest table seats 2, but be aware that the tables are so close together that you have no privacy so you might as well be seated with others.

I have also done this for my last two cruises. It works for me. I usually go earlyish, from 6pm to 6.30 pm and have always been able to get the excellent wait staff team each night, but the good thing is that if on your first visit you are not totally struck on your wait team, next night you can ask for another next night.

I just love having the freedom of going to dinner when it suits me, and I doubt that I will ever go back to fixed time dining. That is just me.

I have always gotten a small table for two for myself without question, but as others have already said, the tables are quite close to others, and sometimes your neighbors are next table are talkative, and sometimes not. I am good with both scenarios.

Even if you find yourself sitting close to next tables, when your food comes, your table is yours. People dont expect you to chat while you are eating your dinner. This just my experience. I cruise solo now, and even so, love your time dining. It works for me.:)

Edited by SMSACE6