Chefs Table Opinions

BTwurddle

We've done the "Chef's Table" three times, on other cruise lines, and enjoyed all of them. However, while trying to decide whether to experience the Princess version, we were put off by what we saw being offered on the Grand. The group was sat at a large table in the main dining room. Is there no private space this can be arranged on the ship? I prefer to not have to deal with the noises of other diners and distractions from the peripheral wait-staff. It's an educational experience as well as dining experience and I find the main dining room much too noisy to enjoy the experience fully.

I would have thought a more interesting menu would be offered, as well. The main course was lobster and steak. Yes, a variation on the theme we all get in the dining room but still...I guess I would expect something more extraordinary.

I would love to hear from those of you who have experienced the Chef's Table on Princess what was actually on the menu and whether there are ever any other options other than the main dining room for this gathering. We actually would consider trying it if it wasn't in the dining room.

We've done the "Chef's Table" three times, on other cruise lines, and enjoyed all of them. However, while trying to decide whether to experience the Princess version, we were put off by what we saw being offered on the Grand. The group was sat at a large table in the main dining room. Is there no private space this can be arranged on the ship? I prefer to not have to deal with the noises of other diners and distractions from the peripheral wait-staff. It's an educational experience as well as dining experience and I find the main dining room much too noisy to enjoy the experience fully.

I would have thought a more interesting menu would be offered, as well. The main course was lobster and steak. Yes, a variation on the theme we all get in the dining room but still...I guess I would expect something more extraordinary.

I would love to hear from those of you who have experienced the Chef's Table on Princess what was actually on the menu and whether there are ever any other options other than the main dining room for this gathering. We actually would consider trying it if it wasn't in the dining room.

On Princess its always been at a large table in the DR.

I think its very nice, we have done it many times.

The only place its private is the Chefs Table Luminaire on the Regal/Royal.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

When I did the Chef's Table it was set up in the main dining room as well. I don't think there was any particular concern about "noise bleed" from the other diners. Perhaps if the conversations at our own table wasn't interesting enough or the comments about the dishes that were presented wasn't positive enough, then I guess we we our have been bothered by the ambient noise.

When I did the Chef's Table it was set up in the main dining room as well. I don't think there was any particular concern about "noise bleed" from the other diners. Perhaps if the conversations at our own table wasn't interesting enough or the comments about the dishes that were presented wasn't positive enough, then I guess we we our have been bothered by the ambient noise.

We are so involved with the dinner do not notice anything going on around us or outside the table.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We did the Chef’s table in the Dining room on the Emerald. One of the best experiences we have ever had. Menu was quite extensive. As for the noise...we didn’t really have that many tables around us and we never noticed them. Don’t eat much that day.LOL Loved it.

Depending on the ship, you may need to take an escalator into the galley, which would preclude a scooter (if even allowed, I doubt it because there simply is not a lot of room to maneuver).

In the MDR I can't see it being a problem, especially if the rider can transfer to a regular chair for the meal.

Do any of you know if Chef's Table experience can accommodate someone in a scooter? I can transfer to a chair at the dinner table, but don't walk great distances.

M.

I would ask the question as soon as you can after boarding, that's when you need to sign up anyway.

I think they would try to work something out.