Home hemo Dialysis (DCL - Fantasy)

Hello,

I was wondering anyone doing home hemo dialysis has ever cruised, I've only been able to find a few post (very old ones at that) that have cruised but were on PD. I have a cruise coming up in November and would like to know how your experience was and what cruise line. I will be sailing on the Disney Fantasy. I will be using the Nxstage machine. I'm not even sure if it is allowed, I called member services to ask and they told me that as long as i bring all my necessary equipment and medications it was fine, BUT the difference between PD and Home hemo is that there is some drainage from the machine that needs to go into the sink, not sure if that will be a problem. I don’t see it as a problem but what do I know about the functionality of a ship. TIA!

I typed 'hemodialysis' into the search function and got a page full of threads. Yes, some are for PD or not specified, but if you read through them people ask about hemo so there is info there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=70308722

Thanks for your reply Essiesmom!

I’ve read most of those post and none of them are answering what I am looking for. Most are for nocturnal or PD dialysis. I will be training to start doing home hemo dialysis using the nxstage machine and was wondering if there was anyone that has currently done that specifically on the Disney cruise line. I'd hate to get to the ship and they not allow the type of dialysis done onboard.

• 3 years later...