Immigration @ Miami question

MTElkwhistle

Can anyone help?

We are thinking of tagging a cruise on to our Orlando visit, would we have time to get off the ship in Miami, clear immigration, pick up a hire car, drive to Orlando Airport and catch an 8pm flight to Dublin?

I can estimate everything except the immigration, our last stop would be St Thomas if that makes a difference.

Thanks

You should be okay. Since you will have left from Miami there should be no complications or lengthy immigration delays.

For an 8:00 PM international flight I would try to get to MCO by 5:00. The drive from FLL to MCO only takes 3.5 or so hours - as long as you are on the road by noon you will have time to spare.

Avis, Budget and Hertz have downtown locations close to POM; National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles to their MIA airport location.

You owe me a pint of Guinness if this helps! :D

if your last stop is St Thomas you should clear immigration THERE as St Thomas, part of the USVI .... is considered "in the US" .... with the ship proceeding straight from there to Miami you should only need to clear Customs and that usually amounts to just handing over the form . . . (Customs won't be done in St Thomas as you are not ending the cruise yet)

Thanks, We are actually from Scotland but the flights with Aer Lingus are the best deal for us at the moment so you would be more likely to get a pint of Best or a whisky!

Re the car hire when driving down from Orlando if we booked one of the agencies with an office at POM will we be able to drop off there as I cannot see that option on the websites I have looked at?

Thanks, We are actually from Scotland but the flights with Aer Lingus are the best deal for us at the moment so you would be more likely to get a pint of Best or a whisky!

Re the car hire when driving down from Orlando if we booked one of the agencies with an office at POM will we be able to drop off there as I cannot see that option on the websites I have looked at?

A pint of "heavy" or a short of whisky will be fine! :D

There are no car rental offices at POM :( - but there are a few that are close, including Hertz, Avis and Budget (all about a $10+ cab ride from the port). If you drop the car at the MIA airport you get to miss the "fun" of driving in downtown Miami and National, Alamo or Thrifty will shuttle you to the port (15-20+ minutes away); other agencies may offer shuttles, or you may need to take a $25 cab to the port.

Have a great cruise and vacation. :)

A pint of "heavy" or a short of whisky will be fine! :D

There are no car rental offices at POM :( - but there are a few that are close, including Hertz, Avis and Budget (all about a $10+ cab ride from the port). If you drop the car at the MIA airport you get to miss the "fun" of driving in downtown Miami and National, Alamo or Thrifty will shuttle you to the port (15-20+ minutes away); other agencies may offer shuttles, or you may need to take a $25 cab to the port.

Have a great cruise and vacation. :)