Ice Bar?

SquishTheWhale

Wondering if anyone can clarify to me how the ice bar on Epic works. I understand that you have to make a reservation- can this only be done on board? Can you just turn up and see if there is space, or is an advance registration mandatory? Does it tend to get booked up very fast?

I also saw on a programme a $20 charge noted next to the ice bar. Is this the price charged to get in? Are any drinks included? I think it sounds cool (pun intended haha) but not up for paying $20 just to get in! Obviously I'm a little confused so hoping you can clear up for me how it works :)

Wondering if anyone can clarify to me how the ice bar on Epic works. I understand that you have to make a reservation- can this only be done on board? Can you just turn up and see if there is space, or is an advance registration mandatory? Does it tend to get booked up very fast?

I also saw on a programme a $20 charge noted next to the ice bar. Is this the price charged to get in? Are any drinks included? I think it sounds cool (pun intended haha) but not up for paying $20 just to get in! Obviously I'm a little confused so hoping you can clear up for me how it works :)

No reservations are needed. It is almost always empty. Just show up, pay and you are in. Dress warm. The entry fee includes two drinks in an ice cups. If you have never been to an ice bar its pretty cool.

Also bring a camera as they will allow pictures in this ice bar, unlike others I have been in.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

We just did this last week on our cruise on the Epic. Some people were indeed making reservations. Our group just showed up at 530, paid the 20$/person and walked in. It's a fun experience and the drinks were good- there's 4 premixed vodka concoctions or ice wine to choose from (or straight vodka if you prefer, someone In our party did that) . Tip your bartender with some cash-you'll get more than 2 drinks. It's a fun experience and the staff were great.

In December when our 2 drinks had only a sip left our bartender filled them up with straight Svedka Citron Vodka for my girlfriend and I. We were the only ones in there which helped getting those extra free cups of vodka.:D

Video from that day-

I was on Epic last Nov, and I agree, no reservation was needed. I'm from the north and like the cold weather, so I outlasted everyone. While I was in there, the longest anyone really stayed was maybe 5-10 minutes. The bartender even let me help him bartend:) Good times, I'd do it again!

Only so many people are allowed in at once as it is tiny in there. So the reservations are (or were when we were last in there) hand written bits of paper rather than the TV based booking for everything else on board.

Often you can go straight in but occasionally you'd have to wait 10 or 20 minutes. But it's right by the various bars up there so just a case of having a sit down for a bit. Inside are an ice bar and some ice sculptures and a bench or two for photo opportunities

The drinks are in ice shot glasses but are fairly strong if not quite neat flavoured Vodkas.

When we did the Epic, we did reserve. There was a long line of people waiting who had no reservations. Day and time could be a factor. Lots of fun. For under age, they have non alcoholic drinks. When it got cold, people left and gave us their passes so we each had three drinks. Our bartender made them very strong. People wore shorts and sandals and were out of there fast. We knew to wear appropriate shoes and clothing.

Thanks guys! Nice to know that we don't really need to book so we can just decide if we fancy it on the day. Hmmm I'm fine with the cold but my partner hates it- this might take some persuasion!

No need to warm about being cold, you are provided with hooded parkas that slip over your head.