Does Carnival Offer a Happy Hour?

Been a little while since we have sailed on Carnival.

First off, I do not plan on getting Cheers. Our cruise is 21 days and Cheers would cost us $2100, that is ridiculous, especially since we would not go anywhere near the 15 per day. Also, 15 ports in 21 days so not worth it IMHO.

In December we sailed Princess and they had a Happy Hour twice a day...one at 3pm and one at 11pm. During Happy Hour at a specific bar, you could buy one drink, get one free...all drinks included. Celebrity also offered this last time we sailed them for Dos Equis, worked for us since we drink beer.

Just wondering if Carnival has any thing similar to this?

First off, I do not plan on getting Cheers. Our cruise is 21 days and Cheers would cost us $2100, that is ridiculous, especially since we would not go anywhere near the 15 per day. Also, 15 ports in 21 days so not worth it IMHO.

In December we sailed Princess and they had a Happy Hour twice a day...one at 3pm and one at 11pm. During Happy Hour at a specific bar, you could buy one drink, get one free...all drinks included. Celebrity also offered this last time we sailed them for Dos Equis, worked for us since we drink beer.

Sorry no happy hour.

No happy hour on Carnival. The closest thing they have to a special is a drink of the day or buckets of beer.

Happy hour with bar appetizers would be nice. I had that on HAL a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

I don't ever remember seeing a happy hour but they do have drink specials everyday... They also have a "Cheers" program that should do the trick if you are a big drinker.

Read what I put in my first statement...$2100 for our next cruise for Cheers. No way could we drink that much!!!:eek::eek:

Thanks everyone, guess I was just hoping lol. Especially since Carnival just raised the price of beer again.:rolleyes: We could get a Dos Equis on Princess for $3.95, on Carnival it is now $5.25 I believe.:eek::eek:

At buy one get one...it really helped out! Wish Carnival would do this!

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Read what I put in my first statement...$2100 for our next cruise for Cheers. No way could we drink that much!!!:eek::eek:

Having heard the horror stories from acquaintances who drink and aren't real good at tracking their expenditures $2100 is a very realistic for a couple on a 21 day cruise. That is only $50 bucks a day...one drink at brunch, one drink at lunch, couple by the pool, one at dinner, glass of wine with dinner, and one after dinner.

Drinking on board a ship is not for the feint of heart....and, in my experience, happy hour just means that I will drink twice the booze for the same price since that is how that scenario usually works.

Good luck to the OP on keeping his drinking inline with his budget.

Having heard the horror stories from acquaintances who drink and aren't real good at tracking their expenditures $2100 is a very realistic for a couple on a 21 day cruise. That is only $50 bucks a day...one drink at brunch, one drink at lunch, couple by the pool, one at dinner, glass of wine with dinner, and one after dinner.

Drinking on board a ship is not for the feint of heart....and, in my experience, happy hour just means that I will drink twice the booze for the same price since that is how that scenario usually works.

Good luck to the OP on keeping his drinking inline with his budget.

Don't think I will have much of a problem with that. Last cruise was for 26 days and our bar tab was less than $500.

We only drink beer and since there are 15 port days out of 21 days I still don't see us being able to get $100 worth of drinks a day.

Not exactly the time you may be expecting, but Carnival used to have morning specials where screwdrivers, mimosas, and bloody marys were $1 off. Not sure if that is still around, though, seems like the drink prices have gone up over the last year. :mad:

I know I am a lightweight....but some say 2100 is good for 21 days....GULP and Shock...that is incredible for me for 2...whether or not just beer and wow 5.25 per beer...just regular beer?? Maybe you can get those beer buckets op and ice in your cabin....might help a little.....Sarah

PS: only understand that cost if fine wine or something....or drinking only 10 dollar mixed or fancy fancy scotch etc. more often than not. I know cost of all alcohol is going up on ships...but wow.

Also..can OP after first week bring on beer from ports?? Forget all those rules...

Edited by sjn911

Thanks everyone, guess I was just hoping lol. Especially since Carnival just raised the price of beer again.:rolleyes: We could get a Dos Equis on Princess for $3.95, on Carnival it is now $5.25 I believe.:eek::eek:

At buy one get one...it really helped out! Wish Carnival would do this!

We agree..........would be great if Carnival offered a BOGO certain times of day during the cruise. We were on the Coral Princess this year for Super Bowl & the ship had an additional BOGO for the game out on Lido deck plus offered BOGO one night for a deck party including the other two scheduled times per day. IMO.............. looks like it really increased sales going by how active the servers were than they usually was.

Not exactly the time you may be expecting, but Carnival used to have morning specials where screwdrivers, mimosas, and bloody marys were $1 off. Not sure if that is still around, though, seems like the drink prices have gone up over the last year. :mad:

When I cruised on Splendor in Nov and Paradise in Dec of 2014, they had a special in the mornings from 8AM to noon. Double shot bloody mary's at the regular price. Nothing in the evenings though.

• 1 month later...

I've read so, so many reviews here for my cruise next year. I know you're not suppose to but so many ppl have mentioned that getting back on the ship after port excursions, no one bothered to check their bags, especially backpacks to see what they were bringing on board . Just a suggestion [emoji3][emoji3], cuz that's what I'll be doing ! Will be packing some bubble wrap so at least the bottles won't be clanging.....lol !! Have a great cruise !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk