Conquest class aft extended balcony ???

laumicmah

Can you guys tell me all about the aft extended balconies on the Conquest class ships, please. I have one booked and SIL is going to book one next door. Can we open balcony divider? Is there a better side to be on? I booked one to the side so that I could also book an inside cabin up the hall. But maybe I picked the wrong side (picked port side of the aft...cabins 6454 and inside 6444). Also, how is the noise on deck 6 (any mechanical noise or noise from lounge on deck 5)? I didn't want deck 8 because of Lido chairs above making noise. Forget why I didn't do deck 7...I think initially I was looking at 2 pax balcony and 3 pax inside cabins (for my family of 5) and deck 7 didn't have any 3 pax inside cabins in the aft.

Any pics would be sweet too! Thanks!

Edited by laumicmah

I am also looking for information on this topic. I am sailing the Liberty in a couple of weeks with an aft extended balcony on deck 6. We wanted deck 7, but couldn't get the room there because we are traveling with our 2 year old daughter. I am concerned about the noise from the comedy shows below, since my daughter will need to go to bed before those are over. I am also curious if we will be able to have the balcony divider opened as my parents will be in the room next to us. Any info on this topic would be much appreciated!

Stephie...hopefully we'll get some feedback. I have a feeling there will be some noise from the lounge below but we'll just have to be down in that lounge having fun ;). And there shouldn't be noise down there in the morning. I just hope we can open the balcony divider. That will be important.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

I was in 7451 on the Liberty so can't really comment on the deck 6 experience...but these cabins all seem to be in high demand. I absolutely loved just sitting on the extended balcony watching the wake. The only drawback was it tended to be a bit warmer than other cabins during the day, but this was in July.

There was definitely some extreme vibration (even violent shaking!) when going in and out of port, but when out to sea it was calm. There was also occasional soot and/or trash in the morning that blew from the above decks, but the steward always cleaned it on his morning shift.

I hope someone can give you more information about the noise for deck 6, maybe it isn't that bad ;)

We are in the same boat (ha - no pun intended). Really wanted deck 7 but ended up with deck 6. I've read that the aft extended balconies are far enough away from the stage in the comedy club that noise isn't really an issue. The side balconies near aft are much, much worse. So I'm hoping for the best. We had four aft balconies on Liberty and were able to open three of the four balcony dividers. There is a steel stantion between to two center cabins, no door there.

We are in the same boat (ha - no pun intended). Really wanted deck 7 but ended up with deck 6. I've read that the aft extended balconies are far enough away from the stage in the comedy club that noise isn't really an issue. The side balconies near aft are much, much worse. So I'm hoping for the best. We had four aft balconies on Liberty and were able to open three of the four balcony dividers. There is a steel stantion between to two center cabins, no door there.

Thanks so much for the info w8ing, that makes me feel better! I just looked at the deck plan again, and you are right...the aft cabins are set back further than the lounge, that should help. And we have the two side cabins next to the wrap, so sounds like we should be able to open the divider! :) Was your cabin steward able to do that for you?

Yup - we actually had gone to guest services desk right when we boarded as I'd heard you needed one person from each cabin to give 'permission' to open that divider and made our request. Once we got to our cabins, our steward opened all three right away - it was awesome!

If you are curious about the noise coming from deck 5, look at the deck plans and see where the stage is located. I don't know if all Conquest class ships have the same deck plans, but I know that on the Glory, the stage is located port side. So, when I booked out aft wrap, I made sure to pick the one on the starboard side.

ETA: I just checked all of the Conquest class ships, and it looks like on all of them, the stage is port side. So I would think that the starboard side would be quieter.

Edited by bakersdozen12

i had a vista wrap on the glory room 6483. kind of lucked into the room with an up sell call 5 days before the cruise. still don't understand nautical terms so don't know if it was port or starboard.

our stateroom was very quiet and we heard nothing from deck 4. but our stateroom and the room next to us had another door that led to the hall way(a door with no lock then a small hallway then two stateroom doors) which i always closed at night. not sure if that made any difference. one night i could hear music in the hallway but not in the room.

now i want an aft balcony every time it is so beautiful looking out the back of the boat. the sunsets were incredible. and it was really cool leaving and going into port.

loved the location on the 5th floor. walk down one flight of steps and i'm at the alchemy bar. then everything is on that 4th floor it seemed like.

i had a vista wrap on the glory room 6483. kind of lucked into the room with an up sell call 5 days before the cruise. still don't understand nautical terms so don't know if it was port or starboard.

our stateroom was very quiet and we heard nothing from deck 4. but our stateroom and the room next to us had another door that led to the hall way(a door with no lock then a small hallway then two stateroom doors) which i always closed at night. not sure if that made any difference. one night i could hear music in the hallway but not in the room.

now i want an aft balcony every time it is so beautiful looking out the back of the boat. the sunsets were incredible. and it was really cool leaving and going into port.

loved the location on the 5th floor. walk down one flight of steps and i'm at the alchemy bar. then everything is on that 4th floor it seemed like.

You were starboard.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

This is the exact room I'll be in on the Glory in Nov of 2016! I've seen nothing but good reviews on this room (there's even a nice YouTube video of it). And I also think having the second door leading out to the hallway seems like a nice bonus. Would be really convenient if you know the people in that other room. I'll just have to try to convince friends to join us!

This is the exact room I'll be in on the Glory in Nov of 2016! I've seen nothing but good reviews on this room (there's even a nice YouTube video of it). And I also think having the second door leading out to the hallway seems like a nice bonus. Would be really convenient if you know the people in that other room. I'll just have to try to convince friends to join us!

it was a great room. the way it was configured made it seem so much bigger then it actually was. of course the balcony was insane especially for only the 2 of us.

oddly we never saw our neighbors, except one time when i was on the corner of the balcony looking up towards the front of the ship i could see them looking over their balcony.

the steward would always prop the extra door open with a door stop. but every night i would take the door stop out and close the door for the night.