Ruby Princess Alaska

Cruiser-66

Just booked the Ruby for a 7 day cruise out of Seattle. I have lots of questions!

Which port does the Ruby use? Should I book a hotel near the port or airport.

What is the best way to get there taxi, shuttle, etc.?

We have a B2 balcony on Caribe deck. Do these have larger balconies?

Do they have internet that is unlimited, or do you purchase minutes?

Any thoughts as far as hotel that would maybe provide shuttle service?

Just booked the Ruby for a 7 day cruise out of Seattle. I have lots of questions!

Princess leaves from Pier #91, north of downtown.

We always stay at the Silver Cloud at either the Stadium or Lake Union location.

Great rates, free shuttle to the port and around the city, (none to/from the airport).

Lake Union would be the closest to the pier, great lake view rooms.

http://www.silvercloud.com/our-hotels/

We use Solomon's A-1 limo 206-245-3540 from the airport and return.

Set it up and he was waiting when we disembarked.

Your Caribe deck balcony should be one of the biggest. Half covered half open.

No unlimited internet, its expensive and slow

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We will be on the Ruby May 17 to Alaska. We fly in the day before and stay at the Seattle Sheraton downtown. It is close to Pikes Place Market and is in walking distance to there. We will take a cab from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport when we return.

We will be on the Ruby May 17 to Alaska. We fly in the day before and stay at the Seattle Sheraton downtown. It is close to Pikes Place Market and is in walking distance to there. We will take a cab from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport when we return.

How will you get to the pier? Does the hotel have a shuttle?

The one time we sailed out of Seattle, we did a Priceline bid and got a hotel next to the airport for post-cruise. It was fine and we had Princess transfers to the pier and back. We took the Link train to go back and forth to the city after the cruise. It worked out quite well and was very inexpensive. If you're staying a few days, I'd recommend getting a City Pass. You see all the major sights for one price.

The one time we sailed out of Seattle, we did a Priceline bid and got a hotel next to the airport for post-cruise. It was fine and we had Princess transfers to the pier and back. We took the Link train to go back and forth to the city after the cruise. It worked out quite well and was very inexpensive. If you're staying a few days, I'd recommend getting a City Pass. You see all the major sights for one price.

Free as far as the shuttle is much better. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It all depends on what time you arrive in Seattle. If you arrive the day before your cruise and it’s early enough to get into town and do some sightseeing then I’d stay in town. If you arrive late in the day before your cruise I’d stay out by the Airport.

Internet is very slow on most cruise ship and expensive, we get 100 minutes or so but never use them. We can live 7 days without internet. I do take my cell phone but only turn it on when in Port, it's to expensive to turn it On on the ship.

On embarkation day I like to get to Pier 91 around 10:45 or so to beat the rush.

When is your cruise? We just booked a cruise for the week of June 14th on the Ruby Princess.

Internet is very slow on most cruise ship and expensive, we get 100 minutes or so but never use them. We can live 7 days without internet. I do take my cell phone but only turn it on when in Port, it's to expensive to turn it On on the ship.

Times are changing. :) We normally leave the phones in the safe but, on our last cruise, I put mine into airplane mode and then re-enabled the WiFi. I connected to the Princess Intranet (not Internet) and was able to get my folio, the shipboard activities, etc. on my phone at no cost. It was very convenient. Princess is rolling this out fleetwide.