For those who have cruised with toddlers...

x98bjv

Cut up 'adult food'.

There's fruit, vegetables, carved meats, most ships seem to have a rotisserie (Fantasy class outside in the middle of the hot line, other ships above the buffet). The deli will make up any combo of sandwich if they have the ingredients-- ie grilled cheese sandwiches

Every 3yo is different.

What does your toddler eat at home? Our older child eats everything that we put in front of him but our younger one is a bit less adventurous. But either way, they both enjoyed rice pasta, chicken, all other types of meats, vegetables, cheeses, cold cuts, etc. In fact I can't think of many things that they did not enjoy.

What does your toddler eat at home? Our older child eats everything that we put in front of him but our younger one is a bit less adventurous. But either way, they both enjoyed rice pasta, chicken, all other types of meats, vegetables, cheeses, cold cuts, etc. In fact I can't think of many things that they did not enjoy.

I totally agree Tapi! We just take our little ones through the buffet (or Mongolian Wok, or deli, or whatever) line with us, and let them pick what looks good to them. Emphasis on fruits and veggies, with a few indulgences like pizza or a treat thrown in (it is a vacation after all). Here are some of our kids favorites on our last cruise:

Mongolian Wok - they loved creating their own meal

Deli - wraps were a big hit

Rotisserie - they liked just about everything

Tandoor - They loved all the mild curries, and particularly loved the naan and rice

Buffet - loved the burrito bar, soup and salad, meats, etc. All the kids in our group enjoyed the chance to try a little bit of something new. It's nice when there are plenty of things you know you like, so you can branch out and give something else a taste.

What did your toddler eat for lunch at the buffet? I know there is pizza and burgers etc - but what else would turn a 3 year old's crank?

Thanks!

If your kid is a really picky eater it might be worth your effort to bring some of that along. For example, our 3 YO really wanted peanut butter. The ship didn't have any. It would have saved us hours of aggravation if we had just brought a small jar of his comfort food. If there is a particular snack food you always take with you at home, bring it along. Food on the ship... you will find something for him to eat. He won't starve.

What did your toddler eat for lunch at the buffet? I know there is pizza and burgers etc - but what else would turn a 3 year old's crank?

Thanks!

My kid eats real food, always has. So whatever they offered. Last cruise was odd, kid didn't eat much, at all, the whole week. really liked bread and fruitl.

We don't do buffets offen, mostly for fruit/desserts. :D I typically get a bit from each food group and let her pick.

I didn't do baby/kid foods. The pizza on RCL sucked. The mac and cheese from room service on disney was a hit. Our last sea day she discovered salt and vingear paotoe chips...She did some veggies from the salad bar, cucumbers, which she doesn't eat home, and lunch meat/cheese.

Carnival had pb & J the last time I cruised with them. I may have ordered one.

For dinner, we order from the adult or just share what we order, depending on what it is. Typically about once a cruise we do kid menu food.

I do bring pouches from home in our travel bag, and keep boxes of cereal in there for snacks at ports.

Carnival had pb & J the last time I cruised with them. I may have ordered one.

This sparked a memory. We ordered a PB&J sandwich and they brought us a sandwich like a BLT. It had 3 pieces of bread. First layer was jam, second layer was peanut butter. Ya, the 3 YO didn't go for it.

This sparked a memory. We ordered a PB&J sandwich and they brought us a sandwich like a BLT. It had 3 pieces of bread. First layer was jam, second layer was peanut butter. Ya, the 3 YO didn't go for it.

hahaha, leave it to a cruise ship to make a 'fancy' pn & j! I think the one at dinner was normal, with chips.

We always stocked up on snacks in the Windjammer in the morning...Raisins, yogurt, cereal. DS loves cereal b/c he never gets it at home. For lunch he ate a lot of french fries, pizza, hot dogs, cheeses, lunch meats, and rice. Not the most variety, but I have a picky eater. For dinner he switched back and forth between pizza, mac and cheese, and chick tenders. Again not a lot of variety, but he managed. We always bring applesauce pouches and peanut butter crackers for home.

No worries...your 3yo will not eat the best, but will not go hungry!!!