UBP is by the glass - what wine available by glass

neilsak

For those who have selected the UBP promo, not sure if you have informed yourselves, but I did. Actually it was my wife's question to ask the agent. What wines can I take under the UBP. The answer was simple, any glass up to $11. I asked what if the wine we want is not offered by glass. Then you get a 20% discount on the bottle you want.

So my wine question, does anyone remember the wine list, and are most wines offered by the glass ? My wife likes the pink rose wines only, I prefer red. So we hope most wines can be ordered by the glass. We were also hoping it is not just the house wine that comes by the glass, that other options are available.

Same value for the hard drinks, up to $11/glass, this should cover most drinks.

We are still going back and forth on what to take as a promo, UBP or UDP. We do love to eat at the specialty restaurants, but would like to visit the grand dining rooms a couple of times too. I told my wife, we always paid for the dining rooms (which add up quick), but were always trying to be careful with the alcohol, so that might be more of a perk.

But knowing if it is house wine only, or if rose wine is an option by the glass, will play into our decision for UBP.

Thanks

Neil

Many of the wines on the wine list (except for expensive top end wines) can be had by the glass, although how many are less than $11 I cannot recall... It's certainly not limited to house wines by any means.

Basically, if there is a certain type of wine you enjoy, you will not have a problem finding one that you can have by the glass...

Edited by cliffd64

For those who have selected the UBP promo, not sure if you have informed yourselves, but I did. Actually it was my wife's question to ask the agent. What wines can I take under the UBP. The answer was simple, any glass up to $11. I asked what if the wine we want is not offered by glass. Then you get a 20% discount on the bottle you want.

So my wine question, does anyone remember the wine list, and are most wines offered by the glass ? My wife likes the pink rose wines only, I prefer red. So we hope most wines can be ordered by the glass. We were also hoping it is not just the house wine that comes by the glass, that other options are available.

We are still going back and forth on what to take as a promo, UBP or UDP. We do love to eat at the specialty restaurants, but would like to visit the grand dining rooms a couple of times too. I told my wife, we always paid for the dining rooms (which add up quick), but were always trying to be careful with the alcohol, so that might be more of a perk.

But knowing if it is house wine only, or if rose wine is an option by the glass, will play into our decision for UBP.

Thanks

Neil

Here's a link to the fleet wide wine list... a page each of white wines by the glass and red wines by the glass :)

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_03172014.pdf

Thanks

Neil

If your cruise is after July (When this starts) the newest information is that the UBP will provide an $11 discount to any drink over $11. If you have fancy wine tastes this might be helpful to you.

I know this was not your direct question, but I figured it might be helpful to know.

6&8

Wow thanks guys. Gotta love these forums. Post up a specifc question, get specific answers backed with documents in minutes.

Love it. Now the tough part, which one to take UBP or UDP. I know, it depends if we like to eat a lot (in speciality), or drink a lot. While we are not heavy drinkers, we could do a bottle of wine per night, plus maybe some specialty drinks by day (during sea days mostly). On a typical 7 day cruise, that means mostly wine at dinner, but only a couple sea days worth of drinks.

That is why I am struggling between the two. Specialty restaurants can add up fast, but somehow I feel I am going to "enjoy the liberty" of ordering alcohol without worrying about my end bill, where-as the specialty dining, would have done it anyways irrelevant of promo.

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the wine info guys !! Appreciate it !!!

Neil

sixesandeights:

When you say an $11 discount on drinks over $11, do you essentially mean that one could order a $22 drink, get an $11 discount, and then UBP covers the remaining $11 ?

Also, could that $11 discount be applied to wine bottle purchases ?? I was told only 20% discount on bottle purchases, and UBP up to $11/glass.

I looked up the pdf provided above, and it seems that the Rose wines are a bottle only option, not by the glass. I did find a mention of Rose under the Red Wine by the Glass section, but not sure if it is a true Rose wine. The wife only drinks Rose, hence why I am focusing on that. I can drink pretty much anything from the red list.

Thanks

Also, could that $11 discount be applied to wine bottle purchases ?? I was told only 20% discount on bottle purchases, and UBP up to $11/glass.

The $11 credit applies to individual drinks. A bottle of wine corresponds to several servings, so it would normally not be included in the UBP at all, but they offer a special 20% discount (and you are fully expected to share the bottle with other people who do not have the package).
I did find a mention of Rose under the Red Wine by the Glass section, but not sure if it is a true Rose wine.
I'm not sure what you mean by "a true rosé", but here is the website: Les Fumées Blanches. Looks like rosé to me :p

sixesandeights:

When you say an $11 discount on drinks over $11, do you essentially mean that one could order a $22 drink, get an $11 discount, and then UBP covers the remaining $11 ?

If a drink is $22, $11 would come off as part of the UBP and you would pay $11.

sixesandeights:

Bottles of wine are not included in UBP. You get 20% off. Just order by the glass. There are very few over the $11 price so most wines would be covered.

sixesandeights:

I looked up the pdf provided above, and it seems that the Rose wines are a bottle only option, not by the glass. I did find a mention of Rose under the Red Wine by the Glass section, but not sure if it is a true Rose wine. The wife only drinks Rose, hence why I am focusing on that. I can drink pretty much anything from the red list.

The new wine list that shows by the glass lists the Rose under white wine as $7.95 for a glass or $10.70 for a glass & a half.

Wow thanks guys. Gotta love these forums. Post up a specifc question, get specific answers backed with documents in minutes.

Love it. Now the tough part, which one to take UBP or UDP. I know, it depends if we like to eat a lot (in speciality), or drink a lot. While we are not heavy drinkers, we could do a bottle of wine per night, plus maybe some specialty drinks by day (during sea days mostly). On a typical 7 day cruise, that means mostly wine at dinner, but only a couple sea days worth of drinks.

That is why I am struggling between the two. Specialty restaurants can add up fast, but somehow I feel I am going to "enjoy the liberty" of ordering alcohol without worrying about my end bill, where-as the specialty dining, would have done it anyways irrelevant of promo.

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the wine info guys !! Appreciate it !!!

Neil

My DH and I had the same problem. We chose to get the UBP and pay for the UDP. I figured that by buying the UDP I was only spending an additional $280, but if I chose the UDP and bought drinks, we would have spent way more.