Laundry Service on the first day of cruise

Hi Everybody,

We are doing back to back 7-day cruises the first one on NCL Getaway then on the day we return driving to Port Everglades and getting on Oasis. My question is, is laundry service available on day 1 of the cruise on Oasis? With a few of the promotions that we were able to get we received a large amount of OBC for Oasis and that is the reason we would want to wait until we get onboard Oasis and not do it during the last couple days on the Getaway.

Thank You!

Im going to guess if you can send it out at all - you won't get it back for a couple of days - turn around day is very busy - you may have to wait for the next day - sorry can't say anything more positive

You can send it out the day after you board to regular laundry. If you can stretch it for a couple of days, you can use the wash 'n fold, which is cheaper, but only includes things from a specific list. We did several days pre-cruise and were ready to have some laundry done by the time we boarded. We sent a couple of things to regular laundry the day after boarding, then sent a stuffed wash 'n fold bag a couple of days later. If you don't see the wash 'n fold bag in your cabin, ask for it. It was missing on our last cruise but the steward left us one when we asked.

Yes and no, just depends on how you look at it.

Laundry has to be turned in by 9:00 am and then you have the choice of express (same day delivery) or regular delivery which would be next day.

So you can turn in laundry on the first day, but with express it will be delivered in the afternoon on the second day, with regular Service it will be delivered on day 3.

As often day 2 is formal I do turn in my formal wear for at least ironing. I specify I Need delivery on day 2. It´s a hit or miss if they Charge express for it or not. Because technically it´s a pick up by 9:00am on day two.

You said that you were driving from Miami to FLL. Of it is your own car and it was not taking a cab or limo then this leaves you another option as you will have lots of time.

There are many express laundry services in FLL. You could drop off your laundry, go have lunch or do a bit of shopping and a couple of hours later pick up all of your clean folded laundry.

We did this when we were in Orlando and then drove down for a cruise. The place we used was .85 cents per lb for wash and fold with a minimum of 20lbs. That was a lot of laundry for under $20.00.

OK thanks for all the great advice...I guess if we dont want to stop on the way to Port Everglades we will have to wait until day 3 for our laundry to be done because wouldn't be able to send it before 9am until day 2

Why not just find a local laundromat. Go early get it done before you board. It shouldn't take more than two hours and if you already been on one cruise you shouldn't need to be such a hurry to get on the second.