Galveston Southern Caribbean cruises

krazy4kruisin

Does anyone know if there is any plans for Southern Caribbean cruises out of Galveston? I really want to go on one but I really don't want to have to pay for airfare......

None that I have read about. A few years ago Celebrity did 12 day trips to Panama on the Galaxy, but that only lasted a couple years. For some reason cruise lines seem to be uninterested in offering the longer cruises that would be required to go anywhere except the western Caribbean. We would like to see longer cruises offered also; maybe someday.......

Carnival plans one-way sailings between Galveston, Texas and San Juan, Puerto Rico, a first for the line.

Scheduled to begin in October 2015, the unusual 10- and 11-night voyages on the 2,754-passenger Carnival Triumph will include stops at a number of lesser-visited Caribbean ports including Bonaire, Antigua, Grenada and Martinique.

Carnival says the new itineraries include 11-night sailings from Galveston to San Juan that kick off on Oct. 24, 2015, and Jan. 16, 2016. Two 10-night sailings from San Juan to Galveston will begin on Nov. 4, 2015, and Jan. 27, 2016.

PHOTO TOUR: The icons of the Carnival fleet

The two itineraries have been designed with no repeating ports so they can be combined to create one long, 21-night sailing from Galveston that includes visits to a dozen Caribbean destinations.

The 11-night sailing will feature calls at Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Martinique and St. Maarten.

The 10-night sailing will feature calls at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Antigua, Grand Turk, and the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay.

Edited by ssb

Yes it is an amazing itinerary and deal .

Especially living in Galveston as we do and/or sailing out of Galveston or out of San Juan even.

I only wish that the itinerary was with RCCL for we are Diamond plus .

We have been to most of the islands any way , but who cares when you are cruising .

We may have to try Carnival.

Edited by ssb

Carnival Magic will be doing a repo cruise in Nov 2016 from Galveston to Port Canaveral. The itinerary will include Panama, Costa Rica, Columbia and a few other ports. We just did some of the ports on this itinerary on the Triumph roundtrip from Galveston in march. It was an amazing cruise.

Hope I gave you a little more info on an upcoming Carnival sailing.

There also is a repositioning RCL Liberty of Seas cruise, they are calling it Skyscrapper/Rodeo cruise

November 1st 2015 thru eastern and southern caribbean TO Galveston

Day 1 Cape Liberty 4:00 PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 San Juan 4:00 PM 11:00 PM

Day 5 Charlotte Amalie 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 6 Philipsburg 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Willemstad 7:00 AM 3:30 PM

Day 9 At Sea

Day 10 George Town 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 11 At Sea